Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
before spending money on servicing etc - make sure your forks are set up correctly for your weight/riding style/riding conditions etc.

Just because your not using the full travel doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them.

Is the sag set properly?
Is the rebound set correctly?
etc etc

There is generally no "stock" settings it's all about each rider.

I agree with you except these forks only have a external rebound control which as far as I know has no effect on travel. To set the sag or compression you need to change the spring stiffness, if it was a air fork then I could adjust pressure and set it up. But I can't really do anything about it without taking it apart and checking spring values, which isn't a job I fancy doing myself.

I was told that if the seals had gone then I wouldn't get the full travel regardless of how firm the spring is, hence wondering about servicing?

Ha, good question! I've got pretty limited knowledge of what tyres cost, just looked at some from a quick google search of recommended winter tyres and they were "Muddy Mary's" at £50 each! (I think this is each? At work so didn't look properly.) Some car tyres are about that so can't really afford to spend that.

Was thinking around £40 for the set? Again, no idea on standard costs for tyres so maybe I'm too low with my budget? But thats the ideal price range tbh.

If you're after cheap winter tyres, you could possibly test out 1 or more Michelin Country Mud. A set came with a Decathlon bike the mrs got a while back, and they're pretty capable little tyres - especially for £9 a pop!

Don't expect miracles and ye shall not receive, but I've tried tyres costing 2 or 3 times that much and found them far less useful. Not into tyre swapping much at the moment as I'm running tubeless. Loving the lack of punctures, but it does end up being a big compromise for me.

Shortest hiatus, like, ever?

1476516_10151725078611167_1412474102_n.jpg x

What is it cow?

Where can I get the rebound adjuster knob for a set of Reba's, by itself? I can't find my one and everywhere seems to want to sell me the knob + the bolt and 2 washers, for £16. A joke, I just want the adjuster.

I know I can use a normal allen key to adjust, but if I could get one for a reasonable price, I would prefer that.

Yeah, it was just the knob with the adjuster. But it's ok now, I found mine. I cleaned up my work area and it was under something on the floor. I thought it had fallen out while riding.

As it can just fall out, I might just leave it in my bag then. Is it okay to leave it out or do i need to find something to cover where it goes, to stop mud and muck getting in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom