Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well weather was awesome up here this morning, so suited up (more like put clothes on...) and got the good camera out to take along to the trails...

A spin up to Gallows Hill first that over looks Stornoway, great wee trail running back down with a few drops and berms, but a nice picture before hand.

The obligitory bike shot...

The Beast by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Then did some more trails round and about the grounds, did one that is still being worked on... saying it's muddy is an understatement but a few drops and what not there, so definitely going to be a good one when finished. A wee shot while riding along the shore road, looking out to 'The Minch' towards the mainland.

Then to finish off a trail called 'The Sawmill' as it runs past the grounds' sawmill... how original
:lol:

IMG_1646.jpg by M+M Morrison, on Flickr

Last edited:
The stem will be getting changed asap, and the bar is actually 740mm already, which is what I normally ride with.. Might still change it for mine, but don't see much point yet.

I was going to put my stem on, but it's bright red.. It would look terrible lol

Haha it is! I love it though, I'm a little bias towards anything with orange on though. My brother has been out on it this morning and says it rides very well, but I still can't even try it out. It's killing me :(

Haha, I was once told if you don't fall off, you aren't trying hard enough! :D

Well I have another X ray on the 9th december, and they said if everything is ok I can have the cast off then, but I'll be having a fair bit of physio as well. I'm hoping I can at least start riding around gently around mid december. But nothing seems to have gone to plan for this injury so far!

Edit: Probably didn't help they missed it at first, and I was working for 3 weeks with a broken wrist, with no support on it!

Last edited:
Hi,

Recently cracked a bearing in my bottom bracket and broken my cranks.
Could anyone advise on a new set up?
The previous cranks were Truvativ 36T-24T and the bottom bracket was a Truvativ Howitzer.
The rear is a 9 speed X7. I'm thinking this is the ideal time to go 1X10 (or 1X9 for the time being) seeing as I don't use the 24T cog up front anymore.

Bike is used for freeriding/DH and I have to say I'm liking the look of the Zee rear mech.

Budget isn't much, but I can stretch for the right gear if I need to.

Cheers

I use the narrow/wide chain ring up front coupled with a 36-11 cassette rear. I went all SLX as I wasn't convinced on 1x10 and wanted to be able to go back to 2x10 if I needed.

But I would go Zee now.

+1 for zee

its a bargain and works great

zee rear mech / chainset / shifter / bb / slx cassette / chain all for like £200? (merlin) also buy a raceface narrow wide chainring so you dont need a chainguide - so like £240 ish total?

32 front and 36 max on the back is the sweet spot (unless you are twice the man in which case go 34)

agreed - zee mech, 11-36 10 speed casette, zee shifter, narrow/wide ring (i've got a 32T), chain, BB

Use zee german websites (bike-discount.de and rosebikes) for much cheapness. Get XTR bottom brackets for £18 on rosebikes etc.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be going with Zee kit.

Just trying to decide whether to get a 32T or 34T chainring?

Currently the gear I would drop to would be 36T-34T on the Sram PG980. Although I don't struggle enough to change down on the front cog it would be nice to have an extra gear down.

Cheers for those two sites aswell!

I'll probably have all you need for sale imminently.
Zee Shifter / Zee Mech (FR) / Narrow wide chainring (32t) / Cassette (11-36).

If it's a full on DH / FR rig then I also have an ethirteen LG1+ chainguide, or alternatively if you don't want to ditch the chaindevice entirely, but want a chaidevice light - then I have an LG1 trail too.

All of which has had less than an hour's ride.

Last edited:
I'll probably have all you need for sale imminently.
Zee Shifter / Zee Mech (FR) / Narrow wide chainring (32t) / Cassette (11-36).

If it's a full on DH / FR rig then I also have an ethirteen LG1+ chainguide, or alternatively if you don't want to ditch the chaindevice entirely, but want a chaidevice light - then I have an LG1 trail too.

All of which has had less than an hour's ride.

Messaged via trust!

I'll get back to you on those prices tomorrow Matty - hope that's OK.
Loooong day in the office, I just got home and only had time to do this before I now collapse in bed.

p4pb10364071.jpg

Build's going to have to be done later on during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom