Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No drinking the day before air voltage though. That will end in tears.

But yeah, everyone's welcome on our trip. We've got a pretty mixed group going next year.

I think your overestimating my talent, drinking directly before will probably end up in less of an accident!

Considering selling up my bike, not getting any use and I could put the cash to better use elsewhere :( Could anyone give me a rough price for it? This is the spec off top of my head, I don't have a clue about pricing so can anyone help me out I'd really appreciate it :)

Morewood Shova Frame /w Hope Headset/Deore BB/Fox RP23
Fox Talas 32 150mm
Deore M590 Chainset
Shimano XT M771 Rear mech
Stans Flows, Superstar Hubs/spokes
Nobby Nic tyres
Thomson Elite Post (Cut Down slightly)
Charge Spoon Seat
Avid Elixir 5 Brakes
Ragley Stubbing Stem
Answer Expert XC Bars
Superstar Grips
Superstar Nano-tech pedals
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/468663_10151484914213004_531366117_o.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention, everything was bought brand new this year apart from frame, forks and seatpost.

Last edited:
Haha, again?

Perhaps you should just pack it in once and for all :)

She's a ripper!

p4pb10373447.jpg

p4pb10373446.jpg

I've recently got back into mountain biking and have been using my old mans Specialized Stumpjumper Comp (about 5 years old) until I made a recent budget purchase, a Voodoo Hoodoo (2012) with quite a few mods on it already. New peaty grips, bar, bottom bracket, pedals, wheels, tyres, rear derailleur (Shimano STX). It has also has the Raidon air sprung forks, unlike the newer version.

I have been very impressed with it to be honest. It is much more lively and fun than the Specialized and even on my first trip out locally I was riding harder and faster on it. Well worth the £300 it cost me I am loving it.

N8sltHN.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I know you've probably had this numerous times in this thread, but I'm looking to get in to mountain biking and wondered what is good to start with? I live in Derbyshire so there are plenty of routes around!

Hopefully looking to spend no more than £250 (I know this probably isn't anything compared to what you guys pay, but hopefully it'll get something good 2nd hand to see me through for a bit!). Height wise I'm 5'11. :)

went to aston hill today

not barrrrd

tried some really rooty thing (entrance just past the dh roll in thing)
was rough

tried the xc downhill too but it was pretty rooty / wet chalk

Surface to Air was ace though, did all of it apart from the big drop (just **** me up for some reason :( ) ah well good day, walk back up aint so much fun though lol
did about 5 runs in the end

shame the pump track was closed, looked ace

Last edited:
Glad you liked it, Aston is pretty lethal in the wet - S2A does remain pretty good in all conditions, just slows down a bit, so the step ups become a bit harder - the drops are **** easy though. Sorry I couldn't make AH today - was more keen on Woburn.

Done some testing with the Spitty this weekend. I went to Swinley Forest in Bracknell - just a trail centre with very manmade "homogenized" tracks. Good fun day out, just to get the feel of the sizing, suspension, bigger wheels and the like. Felt so fantastic everywhere, especially with the CDBair and the Deville working great together.

Went to Woburn Sands today, which is quite loose, loamy, sandy, jumpy type tracks - wanted to get the suspension dialled in a bit more - and there's plenty of very short, varying runs to give me a good idea.

Took a few vids, the spitty is the black in front - apart from the last section where it's just me:

Last edited:
I've just bought this outer gear cable to replace my knackered old one. I've just tried to cut them with an old pair of pliers but they're pretty damn tough.

Would these do the job or do I need something more professional like these?

I really could do without spending money here as I thought it would be cheaper to do the job myself rather than taking it to my LBS, but that's rapidly looking like a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom