Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone's selling their bike and it's a kinda entry-mid level something or other full sus thing with about 150mm of travel up front, please let me know :)

Not sure if serious, or just not looked at the thread :p

I like the idea of going to the wide range 11 speed systems but it's a bit to pricey for my taste. This is tempting though at £52 to allow a 42-11 rear cassette.

http://singletrackworld.com/2013/12/oneup-components-releases-range-extending-42t-cog/

It is very tempting, but supposedly doesn't work with the SLX cassette, though I don't see why not. The XT and SLX cassette doesn't seem any different in sizes...

Read a review a while back on something similar saying the changes were clunky as hell too.

You'll need to remove a sprocket from somewhere else in your cassette to fit in the big one, so you'll have another big jump somewhere else as well.

Remove the 17, so it'll go 19 - 15. Not sure how clunky that would be though.

Can't imagine it'd be too bad. Quite tempted if I could confirm it would work with my cassette.

Time for a few pictures of the Bronson build

I've managed to fit the Ceramic Chris King Bottom Bracket and Sram XX1 crank (175mm/Q Factor 168)

Also fitted the rear Sram XX1 Mech

I've also fitted the Fork which are Rock Shox Pike (150mm travel, 27.5")

The bars are Easton haven Carbon with black writing and the Steam is also Easton Haven.

Next I will cut the forks down to the correct size. I also need to change and shorten the hoses for the brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom