Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I took my headset apart to clean it the other day, and I've broke one of the bearing cages. Does anyone know what there called to order new ones (along with new bearings as the LBS doesn't sell any!).

From having a look, I'm also totally confused to what headset I need. Why is there so many different components for a bike?! Ridiculous.

Or is it worth just getting a new headset with bearing catridges?

Also any recommendation for a track pump? My hand pump is useless at going above 35psi!

Last edited:
So I took my headset apart to clean it the other day, and I've broke one of the bearing cages. Does anyone know what there called to order new ones (along with new bearings as the LBS doesn't sell any!).

From having a look, I'm also totally confused to what headset I need. Why is there so many different components for a bike?! Ridiculous.

Or is it worth just getting a new headset with bearing catridges?

Also any recommendation for a track pump? My hand pump is useless at going above 35psi!

Topeak Joe Blow

What bike/frame is it again? If it's just the top or bottom bit you could just buy that seperate. Or a new headset in total dependant on cost.

Topeak Joe Blow

What bike/frame is it again? If it's just the top or bottom bit you could just buy that seperate. Or a new headset in total dependant on cost.

Nice, that's the one I was looking at.

It's a specialized Pitch pro.

From what I've read a 1-1/8 threadless headset. It's only the bottom cage that's a bit buckled and now with two bearings missing. It was horrible inside and the seals are pretty perished, the grinding noise has disappeared now though.

Not sure I've been looking at them all morning and so confused, I assume inside the frame it is pressed inside, which looks a nightmare to do myself. I assume I can just get the covers with new bearings and fit them without actually new internals?

Scratch that, the bottom seal has just came apart and was found lying on the floor! It has lasted 4 years now though.

looks right but Out of stock - Decent value the superstar headsets, easy to replace the bearings later if needed.

I know that's a right pain, to be fair mines is working right now better than it was even with missing bearings. So I can just wait. If it doesn't fit, then it's only £20 lost.

New DMR Vaults for the Solo. Should help against pedal strikes with the low BB.

rsz_img_00000852.jpg
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom