Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic of my gt been sitting in the shed for the last 4 year's.

computer002.jpg

Getting new fork's, wheels and brake's should ride and look abit better then :D

Be interested on how going from the alu to steel frame feels.

The initial impression is...

...not a lot of difference on the Walsall 'roads' - you know what they're like. :) I guess when I hit a proper trail I'll be able to say more, but so far the only differences I've noticed are:

1) Far better riding position than the CW, much more efficient pedalling too.
2) Much better weight balance between front rear. CB was very rear biased, this feels much more like a 50/50 bias.

Yazoo, bike will be with me tomorrow morning!
Only rubbish thing though, is that I will have to shoot off back to work immediately... and were going away this weekend so won't be able to ride it :(

That's a bit of a bugger. Tell you what, get it delivered to me and I'll give it the once over.

And the best bit? I won't charge you a penny.

You can get Oros in white? I thought it was black (K18/The One), silver (K24/Mega), gold (Puro) or polished (Bianco/Minaar).

The Ones would look great in white...

Woo, got my bike!
So stoked now, but I just unpacked it and left it in the kitchen so my work day is gonna feel so freaking long :(

One thing though, I think I'm gonna swap the brakes I have currently Hayes Stroker Ryde Hydraulic V6 with the ones on there currently Avid Juicy 3.
Think it's a good idea?

Also, the new rotor wheel is much bigger on my Specialized SX Trail than on my little Kona Cinder Cone, would those Hayes be able to cope with the bigger rotor wheel?
Another dumbass thing I always seem to do, is pull on my front brakes when the wheel is off, what do you usually do to get the pads back so the wheel will fit?

Also, the new rotor wheel is much bigger on my Specialized SX Trail than on my little Kona Cinder Cone, would those Hayes be able to cope with the bigger rotor wheel?
Another dumbass thing I always seem to do, is pull on my front brakes when the wheel is off, what do you usually do to get the pads back so the wheel will fit?

You'll need an adapter probably for your brake to accept the larger disc.

Just pry them apart with a screwdriver, i've never had any problems on shimano, hopes, or avids doing it that way.

You'll need an adapter probably for your brake to accept the larger disc.

Just pry them apart with a screwdriver, i've never had any problems on shimano, hopes, or avids doing it that way.

Just did it on the Avids, the pads are too close together now to fit the wheel

think I should rather just stick with the Juicy 3's ?

Just keep pushing them back with the screwdriver until you can get the disc into the gap, they'll be fine.

Not tried the Hayes but i've been very impressed with my Avid codes and a lot of people seemed pleased with the juicys when they came out. I'd give them a go at least. My codes were light and day compared to my Hope Mono 6's (which had improved fluid, goodridge lines etc).

terrible one ruben alcantera signature bmx frame [handbuilt]
odyssey 41 thermal forks
odyssey 41 thermal milk bars
berringer grips
s&m redneck xlt stem
raceface headset
shadow conspiracy titanium post
odyssey senior seat
tree bicycles 30t sprocket
kmc chain
primo hollowbite crankset with ti axle
odyssey ltd edition glow in the dark jimC pedals