Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Unlucky tom. Awesome bike there. Have always loved oranges (the bikes, not the unfortunately similarly named fruit).

aye not something i want to do. Amazingly ive had little to no interest in it! It's gone on ebay now, has a few watchers already and it only went on yesterday so hopefully should sell ok.....any of you guys wanting a bargain patriot search for a patriot 7+ on ebay :p

Tom.

Some nice bikes in this thread. Hopefully I will be picking up my custom build tomorrow if it's ready. Specialized s-works stumpjumper fsr 2007 carbon frame, rockshox revelation 426 2008 100-130mm adjustable forks with remote pushloc lockout, full 2008 shimano xtr groupset, dt swiss 4.2d rims, specialized phenom saddle, s-works carbon bars...should be nice :)

Some nice bikes in this thread. Hopefully I will be picking up my custom build tomorrow if it's ready. Specialized s-works stumpjumper fsr 2007 carbon frame, rockshox revelation 426 2008 100-130mm adjustable forks with remote pushloc lockout, full 2008 shimano xtr groupset, dt swiss 4.2d rims, specialized phenom saddle, s-works carbon bars...should be nice :)

Can I get an "I want that now you lucky son of a ..... you better enjoy it!" please? :D

Sounds like one hell of an XC set up.

Also.....how much? :p

The Giant Reign is heavier than the listed spec and just isn't as good as the Heckler. The SX Trail is a really nice bike though, had a pal who did DH and XC on one :eek:

My new Heckler cometh, just waiting on a DHX coil. Spec:

SC Heckler Black M with DHX coil upgrade
Fox 36 Talas RC2
Hope Headset (might replace that awful head doctor)
Hope 50mm 0deg rise stem (oversized)
Easton CNT bar
Yeti ODI lock on grips
Sram Attack Shifters
Hope Mono M4 200mm front (floating)
Hope Mono M4 180mm rear (floating)
XT FM
XT Cassette (11-32)
Sram PC991 chain
XTR Shadow RM
Hope pro2 hubs on DT 5.1 rims with black spokes
Thompson seatpost
WTB laser saddle
DMR V12 mag pedals

/waits

Welcome to the club, the Heckler is one hell of a fun bike to ride and that is one hell of a spec. I love the Mono M4s, great brakes. Just hope your SC doesn't take as long as mine to arrive (4 months - but that in April last year when there was a huge demand for the new Heckler).

Oh my giddy aunt. That's not going to come cheap.

Intending on racing it or just expensive toy?

My new Heckler cometh, just waiting on a DHX coil.
Now that's interesting - have been wanting to ask someone about that upgrade but most have the air shocks.

What made you go for the DHX coil? Do they supply a standard spring or is it rated to your weight?

Spec:

Fox 36 Talas RC2
And that's also interesting. Why the TALAS over something like the VAN or a Lyrik?

I have exactly the same frame and fork and it rides sweet :D Although I'm having to replace the frame bearings at the moment as they have seized :(

Welcome to the club, the Heckler is one hell of a fun bike to ride and that is one hell of a spec. I love the Mono M4s, great brakes. Just hope your SC doesn't take as long as mine to arrive (4 months - but that in April last year when there was a huge demand for the new Heckler).

Tell me about it. My 03 Heckler took an age to arrive too. I made sure they had the one I wanted in Stock before I placed the order.

What made you go for the DHX coil? Do they supply a standard spring or is it rated to your weight?

And that's also interesting. Why the TALAS over something like the VAN or a Lyrik?

The Heckler suits a coil. An air shock ramps up more and can blow through its travel easily. I used a Float RL on my first Heckler for a few years, upgrading to a DHX coil transformed the bike. It handled square edge hits much better and tracked the ground sooo much better.

I considered the Vanilla's but went for the Talas because I have used them before and know they are good. The Lyrik is a bit of an un known quantity for me.

Guys what's the best method for clearing the chain and gears, was wondering if WD40 would be a good idea ;-) ?

WD40 is for water displacing (hence the name WD and it's version 40!)

Clean your chain with a decent degreaser, rinse it. Then spray WD40 land clean off excess, and leave overnight to dry a bit. Then use some decent lube. I use Purple or finish line wet in winter.

Well, I treated myself. Pics say it all I think. :)

19042008066.jpg

19042008064.jpg

Hmm I'm going to have to dig out some of my 2005 marin piccies aren't I! looking through all these pics i'm amazed how much bikes have changed in the last 3/4 years! :eek:

I'm dumbstruck by this video
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/17804/

What an amazing person

Yep some of us crips get out and about on our bikes ;)

I'm not at his level by any means but I don't do bad on cross country stuff.

If your interested I wrote an article a while back, it needs updating as I've moved on quite a bit. http://www.uk-mtb.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=51

I spend quite a lot of time on various forums and on email helping other amps to get back on their bikes with advice and encouragment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom