Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are winner. Your cookie will be winging its way to you shortly.

framesm2.jpg

I can't handle this sort of pressure!

I got the frame, seatclamp, seatpost, saddle, new Deore M532 chainset, new RaceFace X-Type Atlas AM BB and new Deore M530 front mech for the bargain price of £210.

Best thing is it's barely been used. The guy said it was '99.9% new condition' but I thought it would have the odd chip and scuff here and there as all bikes generally manage to pick them up. But I've been over every inch of the paintwork and I can't find a single piece of damage. It could easily pass for new.

Spec will be:

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Thomson Elite X4
Bars: RaceFace Atlas AM
Forks: Rock Shox Revelation 426 U-Turn

Shifters: XTR M970
Front mech: Deore M530
Rear Mech: XT M772
Chainset: Deore M532 (for now)
Cassette: SRAM PG-980
Chain: KMC X9 SL

Wheels: undecided
Brakes: undecided

I'd have happily paid £210 for a frame in good condition but this is unreal. There isn't a single scrape, scratch, scuff, chip or rub on it and it's mine all mine! Mwahahaha!

Having seen 6thElement's lovely new bike I'm thinking about some white wheels to go with the chocolate brown frame...

I'd have happily paid £210 for a frame in good condition but this is unreal. There isn't a single scrape, scratch, scuff, chip or rub on it and it's mine all mine! Mwahahaha!

Having seen 6thElement's lovely new bike I'm thinking about some white wheels to go with the chocolate brown frame...

That would be a lovely colour scheme! will have to keep us posted with how it all comes together! i recon a set of pink brakes will top it off with a nice finish :D

My old bikes :( wish i hadn't of sold them.

The Demo: 2 years ago a week before going to france for 2weeks:

pbpic941611.jpg

the Revell:

pbpic1191133.jpg

will be getting another revell soon. Miss is soo badly.

also thinking about a new demo 7 or a new turner DHR.

Any of you guys at uni in halls atm? I'm wandering if I'm gunna be allowed to keep my bike in my room or whether I'm gunna have to risk it being nicked out side :(

I really wanna take my Bullit with me but if I'm gunna have to leave it in a place where it's going to be nicked, it just won't be worth it :(

Very nice, my flatmate is picking up a secondhand cove handjob sometime soon, hopefully his is in just as good a condition!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. Hopefully he'll get lucky.

Any idea what he's going to be hanging off the frame? I think the general consensus is Revelations for the forks and then you can mix and match to your heart's content.

Arrrgh. I'm in (yet another) quandary. Do I go for white Revelation 426 Air U-Turns or black Revelation 426 Coil U-Turns?

White; light but expensive:

Or black; plush and cheap?

On this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom