Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Differences are the travel (Coil can go from 85-130mm and Air is 100-130mm), colour and weight. Although weight isn't an issue as its a 100g or so 'penalty' on the Coils.

Both have lockout.

Any of you guys at uni in halls atm? I'm wandering if I'm gunna be allowed to keep my bike in my room or whether I'm gunna have to risk it being nicked out side :(

I really wanna take my Bullit with me but if I'm gunna have to leave it in a place where it's going to be nicked, it just won't be worth it :(

When i was in halls (they're all different remember) it was a strict no bikes allowed policy. But me and all my neighbours (oddly enough) were very much into biking, and being on the ground floor we just put them in our room anyway the cleaners didn't care because we weren't leaving muck anywhere they could just see we'd rather look after them, i was approached a few times by some superior staff who threatened to fine me the standard £60, but they never followed through... There was a communal lockup available for £10 but funny enough more expensive bikes were probably stolen from there than just chained up outside :p.

Bearing in mind i only had (and still do!) a 2003 Spec HR XC but kitted out somewhat different to what it was when first bought. So its not uber expensive or anything...

What i'm trying to say is it depends solely on the staff, the uni, and rules etc... So phone them up if you're worried....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. Hopefully he'll get lucky.

Any idea what he's going to be hanging off the frame? I think the general consensus is Revelations for the forks and then you can mix and match to your heart's content.

Its a bike not just the frame, i think its got some fox forks, and general LX stuff all over, the hubs/rims escape me at present, its nothing to special, but its a bargain of a price apparently (i haven't seen it yet i'm going off what he said :p).

Well here's my new baby, been out on her a couple of times in Llandegla and she's a beauty to ride.
Added white grips as I didn't like the standard foam ones. The only issue is the brown saddle, as it was the only Charge Spoon left in the country by the looks of it, so it was brown or nothing, it's grown on me a little and for £20 it will do until I can get a white one or another saddle.

merlinat0.jpg

White will just get mucky and turn to a horrible off-white mucky grey eventually. Might as well go for the grey Spoon if you have to change the saddle.

greynz6.jpg

I want a white one for my Handjob (Cove... I hate you sometimes) but I know its such a stupid, stupid choice.

I've seen Spoons going for around £30 on eBay since they've been out of stock. Problem is when they do come back in stock it's usually pre-orders that wipe out most of them and leave slim pickings for the rest.

I just built a new toy too:
What rims/hubs/spokes have you got going on there?

I've seen Spoons going for around £30 on eBay since they've been out of stock. Problem is when they do come back in stock it's usually pre-orders that wipe out most of them and leave slim pickings for the rest.

What rims/hubs/spokes have you got going on there?
I'll post some better pictures before I get it dirty at the weekend when the lifts open.

Turner Highline 7.1" travel front and rear
DHX 5 rear shock
Marzocchi RC2X
X.9 front, rear and shifters
XT cassette and chain
White Avid Codes, 203f/185r
ODI Rogue lockons
Azonic bar
Thomson seatpost and stem
Gravity Light cranks
Blackspire Stinger chainguide
Azonic Outlaw wheelset in white, 150x12r, 110x20f
Kenda Nevagal DH 2.7f, 2.5r

Well here's my new baby, been out on her a couple of times in Llandegla and she's a beauty to ride.
Added white grips as I didn't like the standard foam ones. The only issue is the brown saddle, as it was the only Charge Spoon left in the country by the looks of it, so it was brown or nothing, it's grown on me a little and for £20 it will do until I can get a white one or another saddle.

merlinat0.jpg

Im seriously thinking about getting one of these... I love the look of the white frame :)

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Ah, not heard of those before so thanks for responding. Can only find them in white with black hubs so far. Perfect form and function for your Turner though - a really lovely looking bike.

There pricey to! could have a custom pair built for the same cost. On another note just ordered my new bike rack Saris Bones 3 :D just role on the good weather now im all ready to go! But am off to Dalby this sunday as its a bank holiday.

Last edited:
Yeah it was second hand for £475, and as you can see he had his for sale too. Though I didn't ride it the bike looked spotless too with a couple of decent upgrades to boot. So much I didn't and still don't see the point in paying double for a new one!

They're available in Black/Black, White/White, Anodized Gray or White rims with Black hubs & spokes.

http://www.azonicusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52_41&products_id=181

Just a cheap set of wheels as I was attempting to keep the build budget down.

I paid about 125 quid for mine though.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8871

edit: Definitely not pricey :D

Once they break or if I find a wad of cash they'll get swapped for Hadleys on Mavic 823's.

A bargain at £125!! not that cheap in the UK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom