Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at around £900 mark, its still a decent buy. Dont want to be paying that though :p

Are you thinking of purchasing the other bike? As a little inside guide mine was for sale at £500 and got £25 off so I'm sure you would get at least the same off, and I'm not sure why but there doesn't seem to be a mass of people queuing up for the bikes either!

Mines had a good clean and a few good long rides and not a single problem, not that I expected anything as they both looked well looked after with tools and gear all lined up in the garage nice and tide and in order.

Well here's my new baby, been out on her a couple of times in Llandegla and she's a beauty to ride.
Added white grips as I didn't like the standard foam ones. The only issue is the brown saddle, as it was the only Charge Spoon left in the country by the looks of it, so it was brown or nothing, it's grown on me a little and for £20 it will do until I can get a white one or another saddle.

merlinat0.jpg

welcome to the Merlin club :D
think your seatpost is round the wrong way? unless that's how you like it.

My Malt4 arived on Monday :)
I've only had a time for a quick spin on in, but I'll be taking it out this weekend, which I'm really looking forward too.

I only went for the LX groupset though, because I'm a cheapskate. :p

If I get any good pics, I'll add them to the thread.
Don't expect any action shots though, I'm not much of a daredevil.

I've got a 26" hardtail and I'm planning on getting a full sus maybe next year.

I don't just want it for the 29" wheels, I want the rigid fork and the single-speed just to spice up my regular trails.

I'm far from a 29er zealot but I'm intrigued why you think the novelty will wear off?

I've a full sus 29er and a HT SS 29er, love riding them both as it's a totally different type of riding.

I had to make the choice between the 26 and 29 scandal i tried both out and found that the 29 was a very good ride but for me was more difficult on the climbs and i could see myself getting fed up with this if i could have both i would happily do so! but as i am stuck with the one bike the better all rounder for me was the 26er. pure personal opinion though! and as i said id happily have both.

On another note is anyone ooop north up for going to Dalby forest this sunday? my regular riders have pulled out on me so im going on my own so far.

Last edited:
I had to make the choice between the 26 and 29 scandal i tried both out and found that the 29 was a very good ride but for me was more difficult on the climbs and i could see myself getting fed up with this if i could have both i would happily do so! but as i am stuck with the one bike the better all rounder for me was the 26er. pure personal opinion though! and as i said id happily have both.
Just out of interest, how tall are you?

/Rant mode on

Specialized X-Fusion Shock

It's impossible to find anywhere in the UK that will service a custom Specialized X-Fusion shock.

I phoned Specialized and they said contact Mojo or TF Tuned. Both of these don’t service X-Fusion shocks. I've been without a shock for 3 weeks now and am facing the reality that I may as well just buy a Fox Shock and write off the X-Fusion.

Why do Specialized insist on using custom sized shocks !?!?!

Absolute nightmare !!

If your Specialized shock is a custom size, I'm assuming you mean a direct replacement isn't available from Fox, Rock Shox, DT Swiss, Marzocchi, etc? If that is the case, what happens next? I'm guessing it will affect the way the suspension works but in what way?

/Rant mode on

Specialized X-Fusion Shock

It's impossible to find anywhere in the UK that will service a custom Specialized X-Fusion shock.

I phoned Specialized and they said contact Mojo or TF Tuned. Both of these don’t service X-Fusion shocks. I've been without a shock for 3 weeks now and am facing the reality that I may as well just buy a Fox Shock and write off the X-Fusion.

Why do Specialized insist on using custom sized shocks !?!?!

Absolute nightmare !!

i believe Fox do custom chopped shocks via MOJO, or you could contact specilized direct and ask how much they will sell a fox shock to you for, like off another FSR XC or somthing. Both worth a call

Last edited:
Just spent £70 on CRC, stuff should be here tomorrow or monday, my bike's at the powder coaters this week so giving it a complete overhaul to make it all nice and sparkly again. Cant wait for next weekend :D

Just spent £70 on CRC, stuff should be here tomorrow or monday, my bike's at the powder coaters this week so giving it a complete overhaul to make it all nice and sparkly again. Cant wait for next weekend :D

Heard you got the decals and that for it the other day man. What did you get from CRC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom