Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, not as fancy as your lot machinery but heres my Dawes Oxide '05. Had it 18 months and its served me well. Need the brakes bleeding though but I fail badly at it, so got to take it to the LBS, hoping that they dont charge a fortune :p Only changed Ive done is the tyres from some crap Tioga jobbies to some Maxxis Larssen TT's which made a superb difference :D

Few marks on the frame from a few off's. One major mark near the rear disc brake. Left a nice scar to the left of my mouth too that accident.

(Just after a quick wash with the jet wash. Locked to the shed in the garden to dry off a little whilst the sun was out)

Oxide1.jpg

Loving the pics spud :D

Now for a help request.

I'm looking for a helmet, a particular helmet that I saw some guy down the local shop wearing. It was an xc helmet but it was full face. Basically it was a well ventilated, light, full face helmet.

I asked the shop if they knew but they didn't and the guy was leaving just as I came in so didn't get a chance to ask, but it's exactly the kinda thing I'm looking for.

Anyone got any ideas?

If no-one does, then please spec me a new lid for less than £50 :p For xc btw.

Now for a help request.

I'm looking for a helmet, a particular helmet that I saw some guy down the local shop wearing. It was an xc helmet but it was full face. Basically it was a well ventilated, light, full face helmet.

I asked the shop if they knew but they didn't and the guy was leaving just as I came in so didn't get a chance to ask, but it's exactly the kinda thing I'm looking for.

Anyone got any ideas?

Full face for XC = wrong, so unbelievably wrong.

Now for a help request.

Anyone got any ideas?

Does it look like this one:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17687

It's basically a XC helmet with a chin bar, and the chin bar can be removed when you feel like it.

I want one of those as well but couldn't find anywhere near me that has one in stock. I don't want to buy a helmet without trying one on.

Just been sorting through the photos I took while I was out on Monday (before my axle snapped). Done a really good panorama :)

Taken from the top of Thurstaston hill, overlooking Wales, Wirral, Cheshire and Liverpool.

(Click the pic for bigger picture).

If anyone wants the full pic, let me know, as it's 15080x1282, and 11meg :p

Really quite annoying, because the weather's been great the past two days, but my bike's ****** for the time being.

It could also be the specialized deviant, I have one and use it most of the time.

deviant%20helmet.jpg

It's very well ventilated and light but not as strong as a proper freeride/downhill full face.

Here's mine in action - well sorta semi, noob action :)

jumping5.jpg

It could also be the specialized deviant, I have one and use it most of the time.

It's very well ventilated and light but not as strong as a proper freeride/downhill full face.

I got the same one - but the 08 carbon version.
Awesome lid, however the inside padding's glue is coming loose, getting some superglue for it

Last edited:
Does it look like this one:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17687

It's basically a XC helmet with a chin bar, and the chin bar can be removed when you feel like it.

I want one of those as well but couldn't find anywhere near me that has one in stock. I don't want to buy a helmet without trying one on.

You are a star! Thanks! That's exactly it :)

However, you are right, need to try it on first or at least try on a met helmet to find out what their sizes are like :p

http://mammothlifestyle.net/images/deviant%20helmet.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://ayweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/heckler/jumping5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ahh that also looks pretty good. I'll have a look at that aswell, seems to be a bit more protection than the met.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom