Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just awaiting my stans wheels and new crankset and its sorted.....for a while.

PICT0453.jpg

Nice - do you enter XC races ?

I currently have a Specialized P1 24". Me and my mates go for rides around West Sussex but really haven't found great places to ride and have explored most there is here within reach without a car. We have mainly crappy bikes (mine being the most expensive) like Raleighs and Apollos and just ride for fun when we are bored and to keep fit. Now, I can't decide to get a good singlespeed like a DMR 24" and try a bit more street and use it when I go to college, or go for a geared bike for when I go on rides and when my mate can drive us to trails at the end of this year. The thing is, if we drove to trails I would like to do more challenging things but my mates have turd bikes and would be interested but wouldn't fork out for decent bikes.

I want to get into more trail stuff rather than just bike/walking paths through countryside. I currently have nearly £1000, and I can only think that I would like to buy a bike or some PC stuff with it. I think if I went for a better full suspension bike with gears I would be ok because I can manage around 25+ miles on my singlespeed jump bike and not feel it in the morning, and have the basic skills down to get into more agresive riding. I would like to try street and would find a DMR more fun in town but my mates wouldn't bother so I could never get into street properly, and there are no jumps I know of near round here that would good for riding. Anyone know of some decent trails near Chichester and Goodwood? If I know my mates will join me and can drive there then I would get a full suspension free ride bike and do that, if not I would stick to what I do now and just mess about on my bike and get a new single speed jump bike.

waka waka waka

With getting to trails an issue at the moment a street bike like a DMR Trailster sounds like a good idea. It can be built into a Hardcore Hardtail suitable for short errr....trail use, and the extra weight won't be a problem for you. Although, riding Sussex and say...Wales, might be a a bit different.

Keep the money saved for use on a better bike if/when your riding changes and requires a different route.

:)

With getting to trails an issue at the moment a street bike like a DMR Trailster sounds like a good idea. It can be built into a Hardcore Hardtail suitable for short errr....trail use, and the extra weight won't be a problem for you. Although, riding Sussex and say...Wales, might be a a bit different.

Keep the money saved for use on a better bike if/when your riding changes and requires a different route.

:)

I spoke to my mate and he said he would be up for it next year, so I'm going to save up. I would be better to have a hardtail (the P1 I have already) and a full sus rather than 2 very similar hardtails, but me getting what I should have got in the first place, a 24" single speed.

Just had to wheel/carry my bike back up the hill to my house after a 2 hour ride...
Why is it that the tyre pops on the last little bit?

Thinking about it, every time I've gone up that hill, something bad's happened to my bike. It's cursed.

In other news, Dad wants my old bike, and there's a GT Avalanche 1.0 D coming into the shop on Saturday for me 8)

Im after a hardtail for xc for around the £500~ mark. Been a while since I last did any serious biking so im a little out the loop on whats good at the moment...

I live in the lake district over summer so ill mainly be riding forestry roads, tracks and general offroad stuff.. Not massively hardcore downhills though :p

Any recommendations?

I use Dainese which is often regarded as being the best but it aint cheap. Its very nice though ;)

You looking for a full suite or just knee\shim etc??

661 make some good stuff apparently but ive never tried it myself

Full - im a old nub, so need all the protection i can get! :D
Need a full upper body protection.
661 comp looks decent, but was considering the Dainese too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom