Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just awaiting my stans wheels and new crankset and its sorted.....for a while.

DSCF0019.jpg

#Chri5# I'm going for AC hubs and race 7000 rims I think.
SDK^ no I dont race, I'm not competetive enough, I just prefer light bikes with race geometry :)

i have tried to get into marathon racing this year but health issues have stopped me training properly, maybe next year soon i will be racing in the vets age group

Finally got a chance to try the avalanche out properly this afternoon, been almost a week since I got it, and it'd barely been touched!

Went on a good 18 mile slog about, jumps, bumps, downhill bits.

It's truly a massive step up from what I had, I love it :D Quite surprised how much the decent front fork helps getting uphill, never mind down, actually.

Shot from a bench on top of a cliff near a big long path (called the Wirral Way), looking over to Wales:
cimg1306xx6.jpg

I love where I live :D

Finally got a chance to try the avalanche out properly this afternoon, been almost a week since I got it, and it'd barely been touched!

It's truly a massive step up from what I had, I love it :D Quite surprised how much the decent front fork helps getting uphill, never mind down, actually.

Shot from a bench on top of a cliff near a big long path (called the Wirral Way), looking over to Wales:

i rode the wirral way today, got the train from liverpool to west kirby and facing the station you can get on the wirral way, made our way to williaston were we hit the roads through little sutton/elsmere port/helsby/frodshham/runcorn and back home over runcorn/widness bridge and through hale/speke/aigburth.

all in all about 50 odd miles in 8 hours inc stops etc. good day, caught a bit of sunshine too. :D

love the wirral way , rode it lots of times, one of my favourite cycle paths.

cimg1306xx6.jpg

Is that the 2008 1.0 mate?

I got the same bike about a month ago. It's great

i rode the wirral way today, got the train from liverpool to west kirby and facing the station you can get on the wirral way, made our way to williaston were we hit the roads through little sutton/elsmere port/helsby/frodshham/runcorn and back home over runcorn/widness bridge and through hale/speke/aigburth.

all in all about 50 odd miles in 8 hours inc stops etc. good day, caught a bit of sunshine too. :D

love the wirral way , rode it lots of times, one of my favourite cycle paths.

Awesome, sounds like a hell of a ride. Wirral way really is a nice gentle finish off to a good ride! And yeah, my arms caught the sun a fair bit, too.

Is that the 2008 1.0 mate?

I got the same bike about a month ago. It's great

Indeed it is, great bike :D

i've got an original mavic crossmax here - the rear axle assembly has died a death due to shoddy fitting

anyone got a broken one i could rob for parts? long shot.....

My Enduro

2509207691_3f943cf8c7.jpg

I'm swapped the forks over for Pikes which are arriving at the end of the week, so my Rockhopper now has the Fox forks on it. Plush forks and a wider bar on a Rockhopper makes a lot of difference, it is now great fun to ride!

My Enduro

2509207691_3f943cf8c7.jpg

I'm swapped the forks over for Pikes which are arriving at the end of the week, so my Rockhopper now has the Fox forks on it. Plush forks and a wider bar on a Rockhopper makes a lot of difference, it is now great fun to ride!

Make that stem shorter too, would make such a difference to your bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom