Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came short on the Chicksands road gap, and broke some ribs :(
I was a fool - went into the berm and braked a bit in hesitation... ended up not having enough speed and chest went into my handlebar, then proceeded to flip over :(

Any recommendations on suppliments to help bone regrowth, I dont want to sit out too long and the GF has me on a short leash (due to wedding soonish, and I'm banned from hurting myself again :P )

Came short on the Chicksands road gap, and broke some ribs :(
I was a fool - went into the berm and braked a bit in hesitation... ended up not having enough speed and chest went into my handlebar, then proceeded to flip over :(

Any recommendations on suppliments to help bone regrowth, I dont want to sit out too long and the GF has me on a short leash (due to wedding soonish, and I'm banned from hurting myself again :P )

Do a bit of reading on cissus Quadrangularis its quite pricy but is supposed to work very well for tendon damage and is also supposed to help with fractures.
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/herb-extracts/cissus-quadrangularis/
If you end up getting some from myprotein this code MP32093 for 5% off

new seat and pedals needed!

Any advice - nothing to costly - looking around the £50 mark or so in total.

No clip pedals at this time as just use some trainer/XC shoes

Well, Mountain Mayhem got a bit muddy....

trancemm-m.jpg

I ended up starting my 2nd lap at 1.30am on Sunday morning. Took me 2hrs 36mins to get round the ~8.5mile lap. My first lap on Saturday took me 1hr 11mins!

I have the five ten / v8 with terror pin combo.

They are stupidly grippy, perhaps too grippy. Its quite hard to make subtle adjustments of your foot position when your railing down a hill.

The will rip your legs to pieces if you come off without shinpads.

The worst thing can be when the catch the back of your leg when pushing up the hill.

Well, Mountain Mayhem got a bit muddy....

I ended up starting my 2nd lap at 1.30am on Sunday morning. Took me 2hrs 36mins to get round the ~8.5mile lap. My first lap on Saturday took me 1hr 11mins!

holy oops, i would like to try something like that one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom