Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my old Claud Butler Cape Wrath with rigid fork has been stripped down, going to clean the frame up and sell what I can to fund a nice Dawes touring bike probably a Dawes Horizon 2008 with Reynolds 520 Cromo frame and fork.

horizon.jpg

:-)

No longer do off road riding, most off road I do is now converted railway cycle tracks etc. So the Dawes tourer should be ideal for that and winter commuting.

Well, my old Claud Butler Cape Wrath with rigid fork has been stripped down, going to clean the frame up and sell what I can to fund a nice Dawes touring bike probably a Dawes Horizon 2008 with Reynolds 520 Cromo frame and fork.

horizon.jpg

:-)

No longer do off road riding, most off road I do is now converted railway cycle tracks etc. So the Dawes tourer should be ideal for that and winter commuting.

Get a Brooks saddle to go with that:) Got a B17 and Team Pro, finding the TP bit more comfy, although might just need to set the angle on the B17 up a bit as the back end slides down, rather than flat like the TP.

My saddle isn't a Charge Spoon. The Spoon has a cut out in the middle and the Specialized saddle doesn't, the stitching is also different.

It sure is comfy; the plastic under the seat has a series of cut outs so it compresses with weight.

Two 6+ hour rides at Coed y Brenin and I didn't even notice the saddle - perfect.

If i could find a saddle that I can "connect" with like that. The WTB Rocket i got is not that comfy and i can't get used to the Specialized body geometry one i got either.

Last edited:
There are just so many choices even when narrowed to 1 brand - Fizik, how on earth am I supposed to know which one to get????

I can tell you where it hurts, the bones in my bum cheek, its like there's not enough padding....can't can't be right as i can sit on a hard chair all day. So it must be the weight distribution of the saddle.........or something.

Last edited:
I was bored so took some pics of my saddle. It's also the first time I've fully removed the post and the whole thing feels like it weighs the same as a packet of crisps.

Dig the Spesh logos

Enduro-sl-seat-01.jpg

Enduro-sl-seat-02.jpg

Enduro-sl-seat-03.jpg

its like there's not enough padding

It's not about the padding, it's about the shape. Both of my Brooks saddles are rock hard compared to a Gel saddle but far more comfy. It's the sort of thing you need to try for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom