Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
wish i could remember exactly what do.. have not ridden an MTB for years.. :O but i guess shortening the chain would do the trick.. after all the derailleur is meant to "tighten" the chain when gear is changed.
Does make sense, as when I shift into the higher gears it tightens up and goes back to normal(ish)

Have to find somewhere that sells the tool unless there are any diy alternatives?

Yup - your chain is too long, Remove some links or don't use small rear cog and small front cog.
Easier said than done :)

As above, Know any diy ways to get the links out? Im assuming no though. Have to suffer going to halfords and buy the tool.

Last edited:
Soldato
As above, Know any diy ways to get the links out? Im assuming no though. Have to suffer going to halfords and buy the tool.
You'll need to get a chain tool and some new links. I don't use Shimano links (or chains) because there a bit tricky to work with. SRAM powerlinks are much easier.

Soldato
Take a few links out so you can fit inder finger and middle finger between the chain and the upper wheel. Or you put it on the two biggest rings and make it as short as possible really.

Buy a chain tool + a sram powerlink to save hassle. My boss says the pins are stronger but I like to use the power links to make cleaning easier.

Soldato
I went mountain biking today for the first time in far too long :D

IMG_3202s.jpg

recap:http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=661307

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom