Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What wheels are you Trail guys rolling with?

Thinking a set of wheels will be my next purchase (currently have the Stock Alex Rims D17's)
Jumps and drops as well as rocky descents.....was thinking the Halo Combats look nice?
I'm not too heavy (10 stone) but need something that can take a beating

Adding my 2 cents, I last bought a bike in 1993, and I want to get fitter by commuting without buses. I went to Halfords today and bought 2 lights, pump, lock, lubricant oil and a £30 helmet. Just starter kit really. The bike I'm picking up tomorrow, a hybrid type, and it'll be this - the Carerra Subway. There's some pretty hefty discounts going on at the moment, so I managed to buy the whole lot for £258 and they fit the lights for you.

Associate
one of these as original - with rear fox coil spring instead of air shock

n45070826268_1551283_4962.jpg

if the frame ever crack ill cry for a week :d

Soldato
Janesssssy do you by any chance have a map of the Bordon route? My gf lives just down the road and we want to give it a shot but cant find anything online about it?

Oh and I need some winter tyres, what do people recommend? Wont be used on roads much if at all, just needs to handle mud!

Soldato
I managed to get out of bed on a Saturday at 7am. Bike was in the house and rode out of the front door at 7.20. 22miles today along the canal and through 8 miles of single-track then back home.

How refreshing to start the day like this. :D

Janesssssy do you by any chance have a map of the Bordon route? My gf lives just down the road and we want to give it a shot but can’t find anything online about it?

It’s horribly inaccurate if you wanted to follow the route. But here you go.

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/733630?key=4066cbfac9a890b1a07be37473dc204a4f0473ea&ms=1

You can export the GPX if you want too.

Soldato
I managed to get out of bed on a Saturday at 7am. Bike was in the house and rode out of the front door at 7.20. 22miles today along the canal and through 8 miles of single-track then back home.

How refreshing to start the day like this. :D

It’s horribly inaccurate if you wanted to follow the route. But here you go.

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/733630?key=4066cbfac9a890b1a07be37473dc204a4f0473ea&ms=1

You can export the GPX if you want too.

Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll be able to work it out once I know a rough guide. Where did you park?

Last edited:
Soldato
After 15 weeks away from downhill I made it to Diablo for their closing weekend yesterday. Nice to finally ride the wheels I bought back in June/July and do some DH.

IMG_3215.JPG

Next weekend is camping at Plattekill for their closing weekend before ski season. Should be interesting camping and riding as the mountain has already had snow and it will be freezing overnight :D

Soldato
Went up to the Morray Monster Trails today. The Gully Monster has a new steep section that had me sliding down on my butt in a comedy moment.

Anyway, I didn't take many photo's. This one does no justice showing how steep and twisty The Gully Monster is:

gully_monster.jpg

Seriously good fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom