Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Guys I currently ride a Giant STP SS, and needless to say the MX4 brakes are absolutely shocking on it. Can anyone recommend me some cheap, but with good performance hydraulic brakes/rotors and whatever else I need. It's pretty tough discovering your back brake doesn't work while on a 4X track :o

Cheers

Associate
Associate
It was locked up out front of Uni on the bike racks that they have there with one of these:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_231123_langId_-1_categoryId_165637

After looking at the CCTV, the guy was there about 10-15 seconds and was away.

As for how exactly he got through it so quick, I've no idea.

Sadly, a prepared bike thief can get through almost any portable lock in under 30 seconds with a pair of bolt cutters.
That's why it's worth buying a £50 apollo or something if you are going to be leaving your bike in public places.

Soldato
90mm Pro stem arrived for the Blur.

Claimed 120g in 120mm length. Now I'll need to sell the 70mm Thompson X4 it's replacing. ;)

pro_stem.jpg

Associate
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of advice from people in the know here.

I had pretty much settled on a Specialized Hardrock 2011 (non-disc) as I had tried, in vain, to get a 2010 model (£70 less). However, it now appears that there is now one in my size available (21") although with an inside leg of 35" (6'6"), would I be better with 23" model ??

Can somone have a look here - http://www.evanscycles.com/products-comparison?products=ec019401|ec024187 and give me your thoughts on which one I should go for.

Main differences I see is double walled rims on the 2011 (single on 2010) and different shifters/derailleurs etc

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

Bri

Bri

Soldato
I am 6'4" with a 34" inside leg with a 21" hardrock pro disc (2010 model) and its just the right size.

Been out this morning around swainby and osmotherley, got covered head to toe in mud, it was class!

Soldato
Richie, I would move fast on that 2010 before it goes.

Yeah I was thinking this. So the different 2011 components aren't much better than the 2010 (double walled rims etc) ??

Only thing that concerned me was this bike (2010) was not available till now at one of their shops which makes me wonder if its the display model or something or whether it was just sitting up the back of the shop and they happened to stumble across it....

Cheers for the help so far people especially regarding size as all the shops I have been in don't stock the 21" or 23" models for me to try :(

Soldato
Well ask them where it came from and then maybe work out some kind of discount? If you're nice to them and develop a rapport with the shop, and they're looking to get rid of the old stock then you might get quite a chunk off the price.

Soldato
Last part of the Insurance stuff came through, Gold hope quick release. Edge 705 and stealth Egg beaters. blk egg beaters C. (I know would have wanted better ones)

After a good ride on the Quantocks bike is all nice and clean without chain.

Ive got a Duathlon next sunday, So need to shed some wieght. Small Block 8's are going on, Still debating wether to put the Pro3 wheelset on. Still unused, looking to sell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom