Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
ichabod crane in drab grey colour shocker! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

@ IchaBod Crane ; In retort to a comment recieved a period of time ago in respect to me needing to "Paint my Bedroom..."

Forget the Tracer - how about a DYSON !!?

To be honest - The little bit of gray foam under the Bottom Bracket is a bit late :p

Looks lovelly mate - very Jealous !!!

-Vinny-

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@ IchaBod Crane ; In retort to a comment recieved a period of time ago in respect to me needing to "Paint my Bedroom..."

Forget the Tracer - how about a DYSON !!?

To be honest - The little bit of gray foam under the Bottom Bracket is a bit late :p

Looks lovelly mate - very Jealous !!!

-Vinny-

The foam is to stop the dirt getting on the frame ;) I have had two Dyson's they really don't last very long with the hairiest dog in the world!

P.S My carpet is still in better condition than your radiator :p

Man of Honour
Aye - Weescott tells me your GF doesnt shave much:eek:....At least I can paint my rad :)

When do you think you will have build pics up mate ?

-Vinny-

loler! He is just jealous because he hasn't got one & the fact that my frame arrived before his :D

Not sure gonna take me a while to put it together got a lot on in the next two weeks.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey just a quick question, just got given a Fox Float R shock that was tested for 20 minutes on our formula student car before being put in a cupboard as it was the wrong size.

Whacked it on my 04 stinky as it's the exact size, pumped it up to 230PSI as I'm a big fella then had a bounce. Felt good but I swear I could hear air leaking out of it. I did it quite a few times then put the pump back on and it had dropped to around 180! Pumped it back up and whacked it in the sink but could see no bubbles :S

Am I just too heavy for an air shock (15 n a half stone) or does it have issues?!

Cheers

Alex

Associate
Thought so, I've pumped it to 250 and will check it in the morning. Theres four more in the cupboard at uni so will just try another if worst comes to worst. Got a new Van R out of it aswell but it only has a 350 TI spring and I'll be needing 500 minimum lol.

Thanks again for all the advice,

Alex

Associate
Probably about a year, any idea what lube'd be best? Got access to gearbox/engine/diff oil or GT85/muc off wetlube/ac90. I read a lot of posts on other forums mentioning lube, but not specific :S

Associate
Okay peeps.... dilemma time.

Trek Fuel Ex 5.5 2009 (pristine) reduced in LBS to 800 quid (but I can wangle them probably, being friend of the owner's family).
Boardman FS Comp 700 quid from Halfrauds.
Boardman FS Team 800 quid from Halfrauds.
Specialized Camber Comp (plus very well cared for Ridgeback front sus 2010 hybrid in part ex) 1200 quid.

Any thoughts?

Stupidly, I've ridden the Camber and really like it.... place in Carlisle let me tear around the local streets and park for 20 minutes without batting an eyelid - that's trust (and CCTV, no doubt).

Halfrauds won't let me touch either of the Boardmans unless I'm waving wonga at them (to have a little test even).

Trek I'm waiting until the gaffer's in the LBS at the weekend for a test ride.

I'm tempted by the Spesh because it just felt nice, but means losing my sensible ride to work.

Boardmans I like the look of, but the thought of going near Halfrauds just winds me up.

Trek I'm taken by the warranty and the fact the LBS is about 30 seconds ride from my front door, plus the fact they're a cracking bunch in there and I know the aftersales support's awesome.

I shouldn't have touched the Camber really, but the Trek's looking tempting.

Thoughts?

Soldato
Man of Honour
Okay peeps.... dilemma time.

Trek Fuel Ex 5.5 2009 (pristine) reduced in LBS to 800 quid (but I can wangle them probably, being friend of the owner's family).
Boardman FS Comp 700 quid from Halfrauds.
Boardman FS Team 800 quid from Halfrauds.
Specialized Camber Comp (plus very well cared for Ridgeback front sus 2010 hybrid in part ex) 1200 quid.

Any thoughts?

Stupidly, I've ridden the Camber and really like it.... place in Carlisle let me tear around the local streets and park for 20 minutes without batting an eyelid - that's trust (and CCTV, no doubt).

Halfrauds won't let me touch either of the Boardmans unless I'm waving wonga at them (to have a little test even).

Trek I'm waiting until the gaffer's in the LBS at the weekend for a test ride.

I'm tempted by the Spesh because it just felt nice, but means losing my sensible ride to work.

Boardmans I like the look of, but the thought of going near Halfrauds just winds me up.

Trek I'm taken by the warranty and the fact the LBS is about 30 seconds ride from my front door, plus the fact they're a cracking bunch in there and I know the aftersales support's awesome.

I shouldn't have touched the Camber really, but the Trek's looking tempting.

Thoughts?

Boardmans fall apart, if you have the money get the Camber if not get the Trek.

Soldato
What do people think of this frame, i have started doing a lot more DH riding so my freeride bike isnt cutting it.

MDE_69_02.jpg

Im thinking this with some Rock Shox Boxxer World Cup Forks. Hmmm choices choices.

Man of Honour
What does the 69 retail at about £2200? You could get a Intense 951, Morewood Izimu for less; or haggle down a Morewood Makulu to that sort of money all of which I would rather have over an MDE.

Whats your current bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom