good run up ordiequish this afternoon slidy and wet :D
cleaning me is easy but the bike :(

IMAG0193.jpg

Associate
Finished building my Demo last weekend.

p5pb7940996.jpg

p5pb7940997.jpg

p5pb7940999.jpg

Only ridden it twice due to weather and work but already totally in love with it! It's roughly 38lbs which makes it the lightest bike that I have ever owned. The first thing I noticed about the bike was that the low bb means I have to be careful where I pedal now but on the flip side it corners amazingly. The bike really feels like it wants to be popped off every jump, stump or lip on the trail. I Was worried about the Boxxer World Cup, as they universally tend to get slated, but they feel fantastic with very little stiction that other users complain of. On a final note, the brakes blow Saints out of the water, crazy power!

Associate
Haven't posted in here for a while, I went up to Hopton yesterday for some DH practice for the race on the 22nd, thought some of you might appreciate my latest crash vid..

Apparently the stepdown bucks the back wheel up a bit :p

Edit: Oh and Supercow, is the new track at Aston hill ready yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
Torch [P4];21635190 said:
good run up ordiequish this afternoon slidy and wet :D
cleaning me is easy but the bike :(

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/TorchV6/mtb/IMAG0193.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

That looks like my bike after I've finished cleaning it! Went out a couple weeks back around the Clwyds and when I got back my bike was completely brown!

Soldato
The track will be open in a month or so, had a few setbacks, but she's getting there.
Sorry I couldn't join you today Dan, I got roped into digging up my back garden and it was one hell of a job.

Jim, I absolutely love that , stunning bike. Wish I coud have 2 Dh bikes and have one of those too!
The brakes are crazy aren;t they?!

Last edited:
Associate
The brakes are crazy aren;t they?!

The power is unreal, especially with how light they are.

That demo looks ace, I assume you're enjoying the ccdb loveliness too?

Not really had chance to play with it much, I just set it up using the recommended settings for the Demo. The initial part of the stroke seems to be ultra plush/sensitive and the only way I can describe the rest of the action is lively but controlled. It feels very good as it is but I'm going to try a slightly higher spring rate before finally committing to a Ti replacement.

Absolutely love the bike, I feel like the only thing letting it down is me. The bike feels like it wants to be ridden flat out all the time.

Soldato
Went to Grizedale again today, 2nd time off road and this time it was much nicer. Full suspension does make one hell of a difference! Last time the north face trail took me around 3 hours 30 and i had a few falls off's. This time took me about 2 hour 20 and didn't really come of at all. There was two bits i had to unclip my feet on and they were one like the picture below but with slight gaps in it going down a bigger slope. I was fine until i got about half way down but should have been pedalling instead of rolling down them as the tyre caught in the middle.
The other was just me over thinking!
A lot of people on the trail today, i let most of them passed me like but did pass some guy and his mrs (the mrs was walking and looked ****ed off lol) and 2 guys who were about 15 minutes into the trail and they were walking back to the start because one of the guys thought it was too hard.
08042012-1.jpg

Soldato
That Demo! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pure filth... I'm jealous.

Hoping to hit Hamsterly DH track tomorrow with the Big Hit, might even have some pics. (Hopefully managing more than a wang's height of air...)

Soldato
Those rock features are for novices to give them a sense of accomplishment. Not hard to ride but they mix up the trail a bit making the trail more enjoyable for everyone.

They have rocks like that at Laggan. But they haven't smoothed them out. :D They have them at Pitfichie, but on a climb with corners and raised sections. :(

Soldato
Those rock features are for novices to give them a sense of accomplishment.

Getting to the end without falling off was enough for me :p

I think the sections new or at least been changed as it was shut last time.

I will try getting up there again in the next few weeks and see if i can get through it a little quicker.

Soldato
Getting to the end without falling off was enough for me :p

I think the sections new or at least been changed as it was shut last time.

I will try getting up there again in the next few weeks and see if i can get through it a little quicker.

Don't look at the rocks while riding, you won't fall off then.
Just look at the exit :)

Associate
anyone recommend some exercises/guide/videos to do with weights to help improve overall fitness and more specifically improve bike riding, i realise someone is probably going to direct me to the meat-head thread, but im not really interested in "gains" or "getting cut" for the summer :o, just after a reasonable workout that will compliment my riding and hopefully improve aspects of it (i still hate hills with a passion),

ride more isnt an option, i do about 250 miles on the mountain bike a month, and generally dont have any more time to spare/ recovery time but i could squeeze a few 30-45 min weight sessions into my week.

In summary - a good guide for bike specific weight training! :D

Associate
Don't quite "get" those kind of rock features on a trail. Great fun if it was a rock garden on the descent, but on a flat bit that's just a pita.

+1 surely a wood bridge would have been better, if I was out on a trail and saw that I would either be cycling down the side or walking it... no fun at all. OK on a descent though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom