Big Tech Authoritarianism

Do you have any basis at all for your assertion that "the company" (by which I presume you mean Google) is super left-leaning?

Seriously, I do think that you should sit down and consider how you come up with these incredibly strange ideas.

Wait? Of all the things in my post that you focus on, it's this point? Are you even paying attention to the title of the thread? Beyond that, are you seriously trying to argue that Google isn't itself heavily biased towards the left? Go look at any of the leaked stuff (trump 2016, all-hands, diversity memo, AI ethics committee, employee activism etc.) to see how they align.

Source: me

:rolleyes:

You folks are incorrigible. I thought you were all about the "lived experience" ;) Pretty bizarre that those with left wing views are now trying to defend massive corporations which hold a monopoly, just because they can't admit that what they see in the mirror has shared heritage.

So first people have been driven to hate Trump so much that they have cheered on authoritarianism by corporations and big tech, now those same corporations (CNN etc) are equating Trump voters with domestic terrorists. hmm, where have I seen this kind of persecution of a group before... Thank god Biden is the unity candidate.

I'll give you this, you are consistent in your drive-by ****posting :p

Where does Adam Smith say monopolies are good? I can't remember him saying that. quite the opposite actually, i remember him saying they are bad for competition/prices and the free market

Smith was a classical liberal, so i'm fairly sure that he'd not recognise what makes up the majority of the right in the US at the moment, even Goldwater warned about what would happen to the party if it continued to let evangelicals set the agenda and here we are at the outcome of doing just that.

I suppose what I really mean to say when i mean 'right-wing' are the conservatives (perhaps it's more accurate to say particular factions, but for simplicity) and not the whole right-wing spectrum which also includes liberals (no matter how much people try to pretend otherwise). Not really an economic issue I suppose, this kerfuffle mostly stems from differences in sociological philosophy and only seeps into economic philosophy when it contradicts what either side want from the former.

What a silly mess... oh well.

Quite. So the right wingers you were talking about prefer a Marx style economy then?

Suppose we'll see when the issue of anti-trust comes about when dealing with these companies, I certainly got the feeling prior to the last few years from the American right-wing that regulation of any sort was pretty much communism... perhaps I get the wrong impression?

Suppose we'll see when the issue of anti-trust comes about when dealing with these companies, I certainly got the feeling prior to the last few years from the American right-wing that regulation of any sort was pretty much communism... perhaps I get the wrong impression?

Over the last few years, which base has been more in favour of regulation? Reps or Dems?

Over the last few years, which base has been more in favour of regulation? Reps or Dems?

I honestly couldn't say, I suppose it depends on what you value regulating, but I think that both 'teams' can come to an agreement on regulating the tech giants now that neither have any particular interest in defending them.

So first people have been driven to hate Trump so much that they have cheered on authoritarianism by corporations and big tech, now those same corporations (CNN etc) are equating Trump voters with domestic terrorists. hmm, where have I seen this kind of persecution of a group before... Thank god Biden is the unity candidate.

Lowest average approval rating in history. Probably going to be rated the worst president in history. Melania lowest first lady approval rating in history. They just keeps racking up the wins.

Lets face it, bias aside, he was a complete and utter failure of a president. :D

Lowest average approval rating in history. Probably going to be rated the worst president in history. Melania lowest first lady approval rating in history. They just keeps racking up the wins.

Lets face it, bias aside, he was a complete and utter failure of a president. :D

I dunno once people realise they're manipulated all of the time by media corporations and look at actions they might realise Trump wasn't so bad, particularly if Biden fires up the military industrial complex again. Then again, I'm sure people such as yourself will be cheering the wars on so long as the media sell it to you as a positive thing. All I remember of the Obama presidency is how ISIS were running rampant in the middle east, Trump soon put an end to them.

The only time the corporate media ever gave Trump any credit was when he fired a few missiles on Syria, I'm sure they were hoping for more though.

idk OP, which dominant party pulled out and pulled back all manner of environmental regulation over the last four years?

I dunno once people realise they're manipulated all of the time by media corporations and look at actions they might realise Trump wasn't so bad, particularly if Biden fires up the military industrial complex again. Then again, I'm sure people such as yourself will be cheering the wars on so long as the media sell it to you as a positive thing. All I remember of the Obama presidency is how ISIS were running rampant in the middle east, Trump soon put an end to them.

The only time the corporate media ever gave Trump any credit was when he fired a few missiles on Syria, I'm sure they were hoping for more though.

Trump did not end ISIS, you're living in a fictitious construct of your own severely advanced mental illness. Seek help you deranged, insane individual. May God save your soul. Inshallah.

Maybe he would get more credit if he didnt lie so much on Twitter/press conferences/interviews, his 4 year psyop is over. Maybe he would get more credit if he didnt try to cancel everyone who disagreed with him. Maybe he would get more credit if he wasnt so corrupt. Who knows how it would have gone if he was a strong leader.

You truly are a deluded individual. Time to step out of the echo chamber.

I honestly couldn't say, I suppose it depends on what you value regulating, but I think that both 'teams' can come to an agreement on regulating the tech giants now that neither have any particular interest in defending them.

Generally speaking, its obviously the dems.

Anyway, the majority of centre left and centre right just want a fair marketplace. Funnily enough, you can regulate so that monopolies have an advantage. One could argue that is what has been happening over the last 20 years.

idk OP, which dominant party pulled out and pulled back all manner of environmental regulation over the last four years?

Reps. But cutting back on environmental regulations, which has actually strengthened America in terms of less reliance on imported minerals & oil could be seen as a good thing in the long run. A lesser of two evils, rather than importing from across the globe. Unless of course, you think you can just cut off supply of everyday goods with no recourse.

I think both are true. There was (and continues to be) a massive bias against Trump (and anyone else who doesn't wholly obey the self-styled "progressives", which is to be expected as they're authoritarian bigots) but Trump was an incompetent politician. He was a gift to the other side, a tool they could use to further their goal of more division, more irrational prejudice and more authoritarianism. They're scum, but they're politically skilled scum. Trump against them in politics is like a team of toddlers picked at random from kindergartens playing football against the world cup winning side.

. . . Trump was an incompetent politician. He was a gift to the other side, a tool they could use to further their goal of more division, more irrational prejudice and more authoritarianism. . . .
So you believe that Trump was a unifying, rational, open-minded, laissez-faire leader of the Free World then? :eek:

I will certainly go along with your assessment that Trump was incompetent and somewhat selective in his belief in the concept of Law-n-Order :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom