Bigscreen Beyond PCVR Headset

according to my link above
when you order it , you have to use an iphone , and use an app, it takes your IPD and something else, and when you order it, its custom made to each individual
and you can get prescription lenes that attach on , for glasses wearers

according to my link above
when you order it , you have to use an iphone , and use an app, it takes your IPD and something else, and when you order it, its custom made to each individual
and you can get prescription lenes that attach on , for glasses wearers
Yeah, but it's clear that the lenses can be moved. I suspect when you order they fix it in the correct place, if you resell, I imagine you can whip out a screwdriver and slide them along or similar.

Yeah, but it's clear that the lenses can be moved. I suspect when you order they fix it in the correct place, if you resell, I imagine you can whip out a screwdriver and slide them along or similar.
Doesn't sound like it from the videos I've watched, check the Tested one posted earlier.

I ordered one last night

I've always said comfort for me is number one, then quality of screens followed by fov. I'm not sure anyone else is going to do a super small headset with micro oled screens and a displayport.

I'd have liked a bit more FOV, but it's a trade off as then the headset will be bigger. I guess with that resolution screen it's going to be super sharp.

I've stopped using my monitors completely for sim racing, so I can sell them to pay for this.

Last edited:
Also no room for glasses. Does it have a diopter adjust?
I think you give them your eye prescription during ordering, so sharing and resale is dependent on being able to order a new lens & face cover.

The other issue is no eye tracking so no dynamic foveated rendering....
As a 4090 owner I can tell you with absolute certainty there are many VR scenarios where a 4090 struggles with the high resolution of the VP2 you need foveated rendering for hires displays its scandalous to claim a 5700XT is the requirement. Yes it may function and yes there are a ton of poorly optimised VR games but that is the world we live in right now.

One of the reasons I like the Quest Pro is it's no more stressful on the GPU than a Quest 2 but looks massively sharper. Like several orders of magnitude sharper. It's like getting a GPU upgrade for free.

So raw resolution isn't necessarily the only factor in how clear and sharp a headset is.

If the Beyond is using pentile subpixels then it's immediately losing effective resolution too.

I think you give them your eye prescription during ordering, so sharing and resale is dependent on being able to order a new lens & face cover.

The other issue is no eye tracking so no dynamic foveated rendering....
As a 4090 owner I can tell you with absolute certainty there are many VR scenarios where a 4090 struggles with the high resolution of the VP2 you need foveated rendering for hires displays its scandalous to claim a 5700XT is the requirement. Yes it may function and yes there are a ton of poorly optimised VR games but that is the world we live in right now.

Video I saw showed them supplying very thin prescription inserts, attached by magnets. Not sure how much they cost.

One of the reasons I like the Quest Pro is it's no more stressful on the GPU than a Quest 2 but looks massively sharper. Like several orders of magnitude sharper. It's like getting a GPU upgrade for free.

So raw resolution isn't necessarily the only factor in how clear and sharp a headset is.

If the Beyond is using pentile subpixels then it's immediately losing effective resolution too.

It's not pentile, supposed to be zero screen door

Too expensive for me once you factor in you need the base stations, controllers etc.

I do like the form factor however.. getting the psvr 2 next week, that'll do me for now.

Last edited:
I have the base stations and its still too expensive for me.

The Quest Pro is still a massive leap in quality so that'll do for now. I will keep my eyes on this new headset though as it does look interesting.

Last edited:
Impressive form factor that's for sure. For those who have the Steam Controllers and base stations a possible upgrade from the Index etc, though that FOV is a bit of a step down. For me I'm still very impressed by the PICO 4 for the price, though it needs a might GPU to offset the overhead of wireless streaming. I've got a pre order in for the Pimax Crystal which price wise will be roughly the same as this plus the required base stations and controllers. Though I'm a little sceptical of what they are going to end up delivering.

Good to see more and more progress in the VR arena. I wonder what other headsets are close to launch?

Last edited:
Impressive form factor that's for sure. For those who have the Steam Controllers and base stations a possible upgrade from the Index etc, though that FOV is a bit of a step down. For me I'm still very impressed by the PICO 4 for the price, though it needs a might GPU to offset the overhead of wireless streaming. I've got a pre order in for the Pimax Crystal which price wise will be roughly the same as this plus the required base stations and controllers. Though I'm a little sceptical of what they are going to end up delivering.

Good to see more and more progress in the VR arena. I wonder what other headsets are close to launch?

Do you know roughly what percentage of the gpu is used up by streaming? I wonder if I'll be able to run 90hz in all conditions (sim racing) with my 4090. There are times, mainly night races in the rain where my gpu is hitting 95% and that's at 72hz. It's in extreme conditions, and very rare, but still no chance of 90hz.

Last edited:
Streaming costs are normally negligible on a high end 30 or 40 series Nvidia GPU.

Most Sims are actually not that well optimized for VR which is why you get problems running at max detail and high frame rates.

One interesting thing about the beyond is it uses Displayport 1.4 over USBC, which implies it's bandwidth limited. It might be right on the edge of what that standard can achieve as the limit is normally 4k at 120hz.

Most Sims are actually not that well optimized for VR which is why you get problems running at max detail and high frame rates.
That is very true, but its also a problem that isn't going away anytime soon. As you jack up the hardware resolution even the RTX 4090 struggles to serve 90fps to two hires VR displays...

Bigscreen are offering 'no solution at all' to this problem.

Its so frustrating to see, so many gains and yet so many critical omissions one can only assume that felt under pressure to release now ahead of competition come down the line.

Back
Top Bottom