Bigscreen Beyond PCVR Headset

I cancelled my order and got a refund. Really wanted to like this, but too many issues and niggles for £1,149 + another £100 for the strap which I think is a must.

It seems like both pancake lenses and OLED screens still need a lot of work.

Last edited:
That's a shame. Possibly the only reason to keep my Index would be to use the base stations and controllers with this. It just seems too expensive for what you get really.

FsLSCbyWcAM1ehQ

Far too dim because of having to polarise OLED and then sending it through pancake lenses, at 100% it's worse than pico 4, but too much blur so brightness has to be lowered down a lot. Think were talking very, very low nits
FOV worse than quest2
Small sweet spot would you believe which is confusing
Lenses are not advanced enough to eliminate the ghosting (quest pro almost gets it right)
£100 extra for the strap as the free one is supposed to be uncomfortable

It's a big ask at £1,149

I've been on the pre-order discord channel a fair bit, and it seems like this headset is mainly designed for VRchat use and not much else

Last edited:
It's a big ask at £1,149

I've been on the pre-order discord channel a fair bit, and it seems like this headset is mainly designed for VRchat use and not much else
I'd have a ton more respect for Bigscreen and reviewers affiliated or not (which clearly some of them are) if they just say as such and stop with the 'this is for the VR enthusiast rhetoric' which it clearly isn't. Its a great form factor that will work well in some scenarios like VRchat / viewing media and extended usage where the comfort is important.

So far its really only VoodooDE and RoadToVR that have pointed out the blindingly obvious, Bradley dodged it (but at least he admits he's VRchat bias) where as others are worse than SweViver reviewing a Pimax product :cry:

he dodged the difficult questions and compromises imho
Their is probably some agreements about what can and cant be said.
He didnt mention if this was sponsored or not and the whole thing makes me think there is an agreement in place to down play the negatives.
which makes sence especially as its still in Dev so those negatives may not be there in the future/ full production models.
still something to watch out for later in the year.

Edit, out of interest how many of you have the required apple device to hand or access to one?

Last edited:
Edit, out of interest how many ouf you have the required apple device to hand or access to one?
I do, and the base stations, and the Index controllers and wireless earphones.... I'm still not getting one, this is a classic case of one step forward and one step back they built a product and are now try to market it to an ever smaller number of people that would reasonably consider getting one the compromises are too big imho

I do, and the base stations, and the Index controllers and wireless earphones.... I'm still not getting one, this is a classic case of one step forward and one step back they built a product and are now try to market it to an ever smaller number of people that would reasonably consider getting one the compromises are too big imho

If it wasn't so expensive I'd consider gettng one to replace my Index, but then the Quest Pro has done that pretty well aready.

This came off the back of the most recent MRTV review......

Straight from the horses mouth as well

The CEO is planning a public announcement in two weeks. They've had a breakthrough with the optics.
FOV larger than crystal :eek: That would be a game changer imho.

Oled, 105-109 fov, 127g weight

OGgJdId.jpg

Last edited:
This came off the back of the most recent MRTV review......

Straight from the horses mouth as well

The CEO is planning a public announcement in two weeks. They've had a breakthrough with the optics.
FOV larger than crystal :eek: That would be a game changer imho.

Oled, 105-109 fov, 127g weight

OGgJdId.jpg

He says it gets close to pro and index, which means 100-104 in my mind. He would have included the pro in the "beats" section had it actually beaten it.

Back
Top Bottom