Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
It's alright actually, cheap or expensive?

Last years model so £299.99, they do a blue mesh coloured version that I really fancied but thought I'd stick to something that'll go with any bike colour and save myself £80.

Your constant pursuit of a Gen2 Tuono is making me consider getting one as a second bike rather than replacing the ST directly.

I'm kind of worried it's become a slight obsession, I'm hoping he doesn't replace the obsession gap with hard drugs or something once he finally owns one :D

Mmmmm... carbon *drools* :D

I do love a bit of carbon, when I own a bike that has a load of aftermarket CF trick bits available I'll end up living on beans and toast :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Your constant pursuit of a Gen2 Tuono is making me consider getting one as a second bike rather than replacing the ST directly.

I have looked around and there's nothing else out there that offers so much for so little TBH!
I'm kind of worried it's become a slight obsession, I'm hoping he doesn't replace the obsession gap with hard drugs or something once he finally owns one :D

I do love a bit of carbon, when I own a bike that has a load of aftermarket CF trick bits available I'll end up living on beans and toast :D

Haha, it's just that I've had my dirty cheap commuter cb400 and an old varadero before that for over 2 years now, I'm desperate to have something nice and shiny in my garage! :D

I too love a bit of carbon, hence the Tuono Gen 2 obsession :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Just took my bike out for the first time since having my new rubber fitted, the front brake lever is now really tight, moves maybe 2mm and the brakes are on, something I should check over?

Soldato
Did the garage take off and refit the front wheel? Check if the calipers are binding by spinning the wheel or checking if the discs are hot after a short ride, if not then all is good. They might have given the calipers a clean while they fitted your tyres?

Associate
So my lovely R1 is due in for an MOT soonish (September) and I've realised there's a whole host of things that might fail it.

Annoyingly in Gibraltar there's no online guide for what's a pass or fail, and asking a few police friends they told me they don't have the same guidelines. Going to pop down on the bike sometime and see if they'll explain what I need to change. There's only one mot centre in Gibraltar and it's Government run... so not sure how helpful they'll be or if they'll just say wait till test day.

It's cheap anyways I think, around £10 for the test. So worst comes to worst I'll let them fail it and change whatever they want me to change. Just hopefully it's not too much as I don't want to make it track only, but if there's a huge list then I might have to :(

Edit: I've got the stock exhaust actually, so might not be too bad really. Need to change the lights (the chav who had it before me had blue daylight running lights instead of white) and possibly the flush front indicators might not be legal?

Associate
I know it'll be slightly different over there but it's probably worth a look over the UK MOT guide as it's going to be vaguely similar I'd imagine. https://www.gov.uk/topic/mot/manuals

Thanks! With my own bike before I'd always make sure that any mods I did were legal or easy to change. But this one has some dodgier stuff haha like full exhaust decat and no baffles.

The one thing it has that is legal and I love (but is illegal in UK I think) is the indicators in the rear tail light.

The UK has some law like 'upon the rear of the motorcycle there must clearly be indicator lights in orange that show left or right indication and they must be 5cm apart' and in Gibraltar we have the same law but they left out the distance bit. So the single tail light LED units are ok here.

Man of Honour
The integrated indicators rules are very murky over here some testers are fine with them some not. It all depends on how they interpret the rules I think as there are some bikes that come with them as standard OEM fitment now.

Associate
The integrated indicators rules are very murky over here some testers are fine with them some not. It all depends on how they interpret the rules I think as there are some bikes that come with them as standard OEM fitment now.

Oh wow I didn't know that. I had them on my last bike (put on by the police man previous owner) and they were on the R1. To be honest I've never really bought many mods, just bought bikes already with them :D

Associate
So, who has reverse shift on their bikes and is it worth it? I'm tempted to give it a go as it's only a 5 minute job.

Plus hopefully it will stop those annoying 1st - N moments.

I've got GP shift on my R1 with a dynojet quickshifter and I love it. If you track the bike also then it's definitely worth it. Otherwise not so much, and I don't think it would solve your problem. With the quickshifter I do get barely any false neutrals though, and changing between first and second gear is LOVELY. Whereas before it was either a clunky clutchless shift, or a horrible shift with the clutch (I only use clutch for downshifts or starting off so my gear changes suck haha) :D

Soldato
Did the garage take off and refit the front wheel? Check if the calipers are binding by spinning the wheel or checking if the discs are hot after a short ride, if not then all is good. They might have given the calipers a clean while they fitted your tyres?

They did take them off and refit, I'll check on my break, the bike was stopping fine so shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom