Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
I'd get the sw motech sport tank bag and mount. Just used it over a 1000km tour with a friend who had the givi on his speed triple and we both prefer how mine works.

Either way don't get a magnetic one!

Edit: for 74 quid with the mount get the givi!

Soldato
Thats foam looks good, I'll have a look now and see how expensive it is, my bike is filthy, I haven't washed it for 2 months!

I hadn't thought about the locking bag, I've always liked the magnetic one for ease.
£14 for 1 litre on ebay (free P&P), you can buy direct from them but it's £15 and £4 postage. There's probably 10-12 bike washes worth in a 1 litre bottle.
How much will it hold and what have you had in it? £74 is a good price as it looks sturdy, would a magnetic one not be just as easy?

With magnetic ones you never get them in the same place each time, you can't put it on the ground as it'll pick up stones and scratch your bike, overall tanklock ones are just easier - and if you change bikes to one with a plastic tank you wouldn't be able to use your magnetic one.

Soldato
I'd get the sw motech sport tank bag and mount. Just used it over a 1000km tour with a friend who had the givi on his speed triple and we both prefer how mine works.

I much prefer the looks of the givi, are they ok being left on the bike once locked in?

£14 for 1 litre on ebay (free P&P), you can buy direct from them but it's £15 and £4 postage. There's probably 10-12 bike washes worth in a 1 litre bottle.

With magnetic ones you never get them in the same place each time, you can't put it on the ground as it'll pick up stones and scratch your bike, overall tanklock ones are just easier - and if you change bikes to one with a plastic tank you wouldn't be able to use your magnetic one.

Ordered some, I'll do my car with it too, I want the easiest option for washing my bike, I'm not one for spending 5 hours going all out on it! :p

Where did you find it for that price?

Not £74 sorry, £78! EDIT: £12 delivery!

http://www.wheelup.it/gb_en/motorcy...UxM6qMZ2nM9NXOHGwmFaFu7hSLK_OaP55RhoCgFLw_wcB

Last edited:
Soldato
How much will it hold and what have you had in it? £74 is a good price as it looks sturdy, would a magnetic one not be just as easy?

It got pretty heavy as I had my 1l bottle of water, some red bulls, food, lunch, my disk lock, camera, camera battery, and a few other bits and pieces. More than enough space for that sort of thing. There always seemed to be place to stuff something else in though. Very useful :D

Magnetic might be just as easy, actually easier as you don't need to attach the mount thing, but you will scratch your tank if you're not careful. Even if you are careful, after a few thousand miles, I doubt you're going to avoid damage.

What's different with the motech?

Soldato
I've been looking for a decent snow foam too, I want one that sticks to the bike for a good 4-5 minutes. Is it OK going on the chain too?

Any recommendations on a good tank bag? I'd like a magnetic one, not too big, it'll only carry a drink, maybe some food if I can't stop, my phone and wallet will be kept in my pocket as normal.

A decent pre wash will do better job than snow foam : http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/citrus-power-1litre

Just doesnt look as nice :)

Careful with magi foam , last I read it wasn't ph neutral so will take off any wax you may have on your bike body panels.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've ordered a givi with the lock, cheers Craig for that, I'll know if I stop at the shop I won't have to worry about not fitting all my chocolate in :D

Associate
With regards to snow foam, I've used a fair few different products when it comes to detailing and if you want a foam that works (contactless grime removal) and doesn't just look 'pretty'.

http://www.bilthamber.com/auto-foam

A test was carried out, on detailing world, of the top 4 highest rated foams that should soak in and lift the dirt leaving a dirt free paint surface for washing.

And the cotton pad with the least dirt...

4foamtestpads_DSC1082.jpg

Use it with a decent lance like the Autobrite http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/autobrite-heavy-duty-foam-lance-various-connectors.html

This is 5 minutes after application.

2016-07_zpsm8lutbwo.jpg

I only use it when the bikes are really grimed up as it's not cheap! Otherwise a decent prewash like mentioned is enough to lift light soiling :)

Soldato
Nah you'll be OK, my big red oxford one (which expands to 28l) doesn't get in the way at all, apart from going full lock to lock where it'sd a bit tight - but then looking at the size it's a big bigger overall than the XS307.

Soldato
Nah you'll be OK, my big red oxford one (which expands to 28l) doesn't get in the way at all, apart from going full lock to lock where it'sd a bit tight - but then looking at the size it's a big bigger overall than the XS307.

Can always send it back anyway if it's not right for me.

I had a go on my dad's cbr600 yesterday and it's so smooth, hasn't got the instant power like mine has but it was very nice to ride, if only I could cope with the riding position I'd swap to an inline4 tomorrow!

Soldato
They do naked inline 4's you know!

Go sit on a few. Naked's tend to feel more torquey too as they have more midrange than their supersport siblings.

I don't really have much desire for supersports really. Must be my age starting to show.

ordered a Kappa RA308 Tank lock bag today and a Givi BF01 lock for the SV

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAPPA-RA3...597961?hash=item5d4f222b89:g:mK4AAOxy79JSXAau

seemed like a good price and comparable to the Givi XS307

hoping it fits my laptop

Didn't you just buy a givi v47 box? That fits a laptop no problem.

Associate
Anyone help, I've got an annoying rattle from my front brake. I thought it was the chain as you can hear it while riding but yesterday found out that it's the spring pad, above the brake pads.
Part 92145 HERE

Only the one rattle and I can't work out a way of tightening it, if it's possible.
edit: looking at a rebuild thread on another forum I think I may need to remove the pad pin to refit it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom