Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
I've had multiple troubles with sports bike shop.

First one was my rst 1 piece leathers. Sent me the complete wrong size even though the invoice was checked and signed.

I ordered the new version of knock gloves black/white, so they sent me the old version and said the new version wasn't in stock takes 48 hrs. 48hrs went past didn't hear anything so went for the white and black.

Furygan wind textile jacket, waited around 25 days for it as it was due in stock end of month, didn't hear anything for 2 days after was ment to be in stock, won't get any till November.

I won't be using them again, there warehouse staff seem useless and CS was shocking, apart from someone who helped me resolve everything (same person).

I've never had any issues with them before and I've spent far too much money with them.

We'll see how it turns out.

Man of Honour
There's a lovely Tuono near me but I'm still waiting for insurance to give me my goddamn money. They mentioned that they could give me their figure while they mull over how much I actually want, but is this just another way to screw me?

I'd imagine so. As soon as you accept a pay out they'll just wash their hands of it.

Soldato
Got myself a proper snow foam lance so will give it a go later, I know you're supposed to foam onto a dry vehicle, but I think I'll do sdoc100 gel on the low dirty bits, rinse off, then foam. If I had a nice bike I'd then do a 2 bucket wash, clay bar and then carnuba wax, but it's my commuter CB400... so sdoc100 and foam will do! :D

Soldato
Sdoc has to go onto a dry bike though, foam is a pre wash and sdoc100 is a prewash degreaser effectively :)

All done, the autoglym detergent I used was ok, didn't stay put for very long on the bike or my dad's car though, so may look into getting some better stuff.

Soldato
With the foam? yeah, obviously the sdoc100 I only used on the grimey parts - swingarm, front calipers, and some underside areas. Then rinsed that off and covered the whole bike with snowfoam - it only lasted around 5 minutes before it had nearly disappeared though, so I'll look at getting some stuff more suited to being used as snowfoam.

Associate
Went and fetched some accessories for the triple today, will hopefully be fitting them tomorrow.

30adcaa6-02ba-4819-9ef0-b3d0a195843b.jpg

Soldato
Yep 5 days a week! My once 'fun' bike with its 12 mile commute to work and the rest for pleasure is no more. I'm thinking about selling her but I have put far too much money into her for this. Although the Ohlins rear and 954 Fireblade front end will fetch enough to buy a commuter....

Man of Honour
I bet your bank balance hates you now Scooby!

Spent my day cleaning and lubing my throttle body pivots, cleaning excess filter oil out of my air box obviously got a bit over excited oiling my k&n, fishing a lost screwdriver out of my tail fairing and fitting a new seat lock so all my locks match again.

The throttle body clean and lube has made a massive difference everything was obviously getting a bit grubby and sticky which was causing my revs to stutter during fast idle and generally take a bit of pep out of the bike during acceleration which is now back and everything feels much smoother and punchier :D

Soldato
With the foam? yeah, obviously the sdoc100 I only used on the grimey parts - swingarm, front calipers, and some underside areas. Then rinsed that off and covered the whole bike with snowfoam - it only lasted around 5 minutes before it had nearly disappeared though, so I'll look at getting some stuff more suited to being used as snowfoam.

I've been looking for a decent snow foam too, I want one that sticks to the bike for a good 4-5 minutes. Is it OK going on the chain too?

Any recommendations on a good tank bag? I'd like a magnetic one, not too big, it'll only carry a drink, maybe some food if I can't stop, my phone and wallet will be kept in my pocket as normal.

Soldato
I've been looking for a decent snow foam too, I want one that sticks to the bike for a good 4-5 minutes. Is it OK going on the chain too?

Any recommendations on a good tank bag? I'd like a magnetic one, not too big, it'll only carry a drink, maybe some food if I can't stop, my phone and wallet will be kept in my pocket as normal.

Well we used autoglym pressure wash, which wasn't great. Although we did realise just how little product it takes - I put about an inch, maybe a little over - in the bottom of a litre foam bottle, the rest warm water and that did my bike and a vauxhall insignia country tourer (aka BIG estate car).

This was almost identical to how it looked/lasted:

Not great, it's quite thin and not that foamy. Only lasts 5 minutes maximum (enough time to coat the car after doing the bike) before it had almost dissappeared.

So, I'm going to pick some Magifoam, this stuff :D

Seems to get good reviews and is a lot thinker and stays on a lot longer. I reckon if you're just doing one bike you only need 300ml total, that's probably a cm of the foam wash in the bottle.

It's no different to other shampoos so won't be harmful, it's just in a foam format rather than being applied by hand. It took a little chain lube off but not much so can't see it being harmful at all.

As for a tank bag, why not get a givi tank lock or similar? No damage to pain and they're a lot easier to take off when you need to fill up!

Soldato

Givi tanklock bag.

I've got the XS307 and it's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom