Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Which one? I have the Garmin Zumo 395LM and it’s awesome, I’ve used it most days when out for a ride.
Tomtom Rider 42. Just doing what appear to bve the worlds slowest updates. Wired in the mount, just waiting for the update to finish then I'll go and test the fit and make sure it is charging.
I'm looking forward to using the windy road type features and the online route downloads.

Soldato
Tomtom Rider 42. Just doing what appear to bve the worlds slowest updates. Wired in the mount, just waiting for the update to finish then I'll go and test the fit and make sure it is charging.
I'm looking forward to using the windy road type features and the online route downloads.

Tomtom software is torture to use, takes ages to do any updates but they are good satnav units.

Soldato
It went from dog slow to done, then new updates were really quick. Bizarre.
Just attached it to the bike and now can't wait to get out on it. Won't be until the new year now :(

Soldato
I was hoping the 200 piece socket set from Halfords would be cheaper, it was £135 6 weeks ago but i said i'd wait for the Christmas sales, it's down to £160..

Also on the look out for a Torque wrench.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I was hoping the 200 piece socket set from Halfords would be cheaper, it was £135 6 weeks ago but i said i'd wait for the Christmas sales, it's down to £160..

Also on the look out for a Torque wrench.
That means it'll probably be on sale in the new year sales ... for £140 :p

Soldato
That means it'll probably be on sale in the new year sales ... for £140 :p

If it dropped to £100 or even £120 then i'd buy it right now but it's not worth £160 to me :(

If it drops back down to £135 or lower then i'll buy it. Can't see it though and they never come up on eBay second hand etc :(

Soldato
Best way to mount my GoPro on my tank? I don’t want it on my helmet anymore or on my chest but not sure how bad the vibrations will be.

Gimbal is too expensive really for what I need.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Best way to mount my GoPro on my tank? I don’t want it on my helmet anymore or on my chest but not sure how bad the vibrations will be.

Gimbal is too expensive really for what I need.

IMHO, only the Hero 6 can be mounted direct to handlebars/frame/forks. Any other model and the footage will be too shaky.

Plenty of bar mounts available from the usual places.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Have they put a lot more work into the image stabilisation then with the hero 6?

Yes, it's very, very close to gimbal quality now. It's the main reason I upgraded from the hero 4 black to the hero 6, despite already owning a feiyu fy-g4 gimbal.

Soldato
IMHO, only the Hero 6 can be mounted direct to handlebars/frame/forks. Any other model and the footage will be too shaky.

Plenty of bar mounts available from the usual places.

Nonsense. I've fitted a range of GoPro Heroes and Sessions from 3 upwards on handlebars, windshields, fairings, forks and subframe. They're fine, but some of the more vibey bikes might need a little padding - that's it.

Soldato
Yes, it's very, very close to gimbal quality now. It's the main reason I upgraded from the hero 4 black to the hero 6, despite already owning a feiyu fy-g4 gimbal.

Nah, it's still a long way off - that video is rubbish too, he only rode one semi rough section with the stabilisation on. You also still get that weird 'twitch' as the IS re-centres and the whole frame shifts across.

Proper gimbal footage is buttery smooth and natural looking.

All that twitching as the camera tries to reduce the natural movement, gives me a headache!!

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I'm going skiing instead.
Your leg is all good now? Damn, I wish mine was... going back in for another operation soon, until the senior consultant that I've the check ups with is back I've to go in every 2-3 days as they're worried. Ehh... wished I would have broke mine instead, I would be all good now. :(

Back
Top Bottom