Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Your leg is all good now? Damn, I wish mine was... going back in for another operation soon, until the senior consultant that I've the check ups with is back I've to go in every 2-3 days as they're worried. Ehh... wished I would have broke mine instead, I would be all good now. :(

It's been 95 percent for a few months now. I've been very lucky with the recovery. It just aches a little when it's below minus 10 or so and lacking a little strength for the stabilising muscles.

I'm sorry that you're still suffering the consequences of your accident, but I hope you keep your spirits up.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
It's been 95 percent for a few months now. I've been very lucky with the recovery. It just aches a little when it's below minus 10 or so and lacking a little strength for the stabilising muscles.

I'm sorry that you're still suffering the consequences of your accident, but I hope you keep your spirits up.
Well, good to hear one of us recovered. You went vs a tractor, me vs a female driver... Looks like the other is more dangerous LMAO.

I'm planning and started doing courses online to get more legit qualifications. I hate sitting on my arse not doing anything productive, drives me nuts... Got back into PS, the more I learn the more appreciation I've for some pro's work.

Man of Honour
I woke up at about midnight to the sound of someone throwing rocks at my window the wind and rain was that bad, everything still upright this morning though thankfully. Just managing to get generally bits and bobs done on the bike between the showers today, need a garage!

Soldato
Going off your personal experiences, can people recommend some helmets for me to try? I have a Shoei xr1100 now but i've had it over 2 years and it's a loose fit now and quite noisy.

I'm thinking about a Schuberth or Bell but have no experience with either.

Man of Honour
I had a Schuberth C3 Pro, noisiest lid I've ever owned magnified by the fact that they sell it as being whisper quiet just didn't seem to suit me or my riding position but the interior was very plush and comfortable and it had a massive visor so plenty of visibility.

Love my Shoei NXR though light, comfy, noise is acceptable considering it's more of a track oriented lid and has a lot of air flow, big visor aperture. Only downside compared to the Schuberth is the lining is nowhere near as plush and premium feeling.

Shoei's were also about the only brand that actually fit, tried every other big name including going back to a new Shark S900 which I had previously and they'd butchered the fit so much it was actually painful.

Head to J&S, Bikers World, CMC, Silvermachine and any other places you can think of and just try everything on and see what sticks or just replace the padding in your XR1100.

Soldato
I’ve been to CMC and bikersworld and their selection of ‘premium’ helmets on display is very poor.

It’s all Shark, XJC, Nolan etc, they had 1 Shoei GT which was an XL, no M/L in stock or any demo helmets.

Street bikes in Halesowen had the best selection but they put their security tags through the visor so you can’t close it, I wanted to shut them to see how much noise in general would be blocked out but couldn’t shut it properly.

They also wouldn’t remove the tag for 2 minutes so I could try it properly.

Man of Honour
Come over to Wolves, Silvermachine/D Store have Shoei, Arai, Bell,AGV, HJC and maybe some other brands available to try. Plenty of different sizes and nothing stopping you closing the visor the staff are good for a chat as well and more than happy to help.

Man of Honour
Bike bays right in front of the shop and there's always 1 or 2 staff milling about so they can see the bikes, never had any issues parking there but it is Wolves so your mileage may vary!

Soldato
What’s the worst conditions you guys have ridden in? According to the weather online it’s going to be -5 here tomorrow morning.

As I live at the top of a hill, we don’t get any sun until around 12-1pm so the path is always iced up.

I really need a cheap bike as the thought of sliding my bike down the path and creating an expensive bill is not how i want to start my week :p

Man of Honour
I rode up a mountain with more than a metre of snow at the edge of the road an a pillion on the back.

I'll never be doing that again!

Edit: It looks like that was back when I used to record my rides:
xrzDrxj.jpg

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What’s the worst conditions you guys have ridden in? According to the weather online it’s going to be -5 here tomorrow morning.

As I live at the top of a hill, we don’t get any sun until around 12-1pm so the path is always iced up.

I really need a cheap bike as the thought of sliding my bike down the path and creating an expensive bill is not how i want to start my week :p
You've a car and you live like a mile away from your work...

Back
Top Bottom