Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Been spending a lot of time at the other halfs this last month so I've not uncovered the bike in at least 3 weeks, I'm worried I'm becoming a fair weather pansy :o

Man of Honour
It’s good to see that. Little gestures like that go along way. I must say that my morale was low at 2am last Thursday when I was going down the M3 with boots full of water, water in between the pin lock and the visor. But things like this are a nice reminder that it’s a good cause.

On another note, is anyone else having trouble with the road salt? It seemed they used something different a few weeks ago, like a sticky liquid rather than salt, which didn’t seem to cause too many issues. However they reverted to salt last week and even after a hose down every day, and a liberal coating of ACF 50 I’m seeing the signs of corossion.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Went to put my helmet on for the first time since December and the fabric inside was full of mold / organic growth. Gloves too.

Tip: Don't put your gear in an uninsulated shed and expect it to be okay. On the upside, it was an excuse to chuck it all in the washing machine.

Associate
MCN London Bike show this weekend, anyone going? I'll be going on Friday, hopefully pick up a few bits, venture shield or similar for sides of fuel tank, as my textiles are scuffing the paintwork.

Soldato
Picking up the new bike at the end of next week; looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for good weather as I have to ride my SV from Southampton to Manchester, spend Friday-Monday at home (Manc) then ride the new XJ Manc back to S'oton. Exhaust is loud af and while it is absolutely hilarious i'm hoping it's not too loud and need the baffle :(

Also going to have to get some heated grips fitted though I'm hoping that won't be an immediate requirement seeing as we're getting towards summer now. I think the front will nee changing soon but the bike will be stored from August until February so if possible, I'll try and get the new tyres fitted after 6 months storage. Bike is a commuter so i'll probably go for pilot road 4/5's front and back. Of course I'll post up some pictures :)

I'm also looking into a quick-shifter and/or changing to GP shift, at least just to give it a whirl. Quickshifter would get me into trouble as I'd get giddy AF with it. BUT. if anyone has any advice/experience in one please share and I'll have a look into it. Last thing I tI thought about doing is a power-commander for a bit more power, but for maybe 10 extra bhp cost would be like £3-400 which is a bit excessive.

Soldato
First bike night this coming Thursday in Southampton (at the Bargate in town). Last year was 1000 ish bikes, you should come down.

Looking to replace the CBR now as I've just spent £400 keeping it on the road and it's obvious it still needs more. The bike is probably only worth £800 so it's time for something else. It's such a great bike though I know I'll have to compromise in some way.

After staying level pegging with a brand new M3 the other day I've decided more power is the way forward. At the moment I'm thinking a 954 Fireblade or a GSXR1000. I havent say on either of them though so we'll have to see. Sat on a CBR600RR yesterday and was surprised at how small it was and how much I was over any of the wind protection in comparison to mine. Budget is going to be upto £3000

Soldato
First bike night this coming Thursday in Southampton (at the Bargate in town). Last year was 1000 ish bikes, you should come down.

Looking to replace the CBR now as I've just spent £400 keeping it on the road and it's obvious it still needs more. The bike is probably only worth £800 so it's time for something else. It's such a great bike though I know I'll have to compromise in some way.

After staying level pegging with a brand new M3 the other day I've decided more power is the way forward. At the moment I'm thinking a 954 Fireblade or a GSXR1000. I havent say on either of them though so we'll have to see. Sat on a CBR600RR yesterday and was surprised at how small it was and how much I was over any of the wind protection in comparison to mine. Budget is going to be upto £3000

What about an SV1000? Less on the power (110hp-ish) but bags of torque and noise :D
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...&maximum-mileage=25000&postcode=hr11hb&page=6

Soldato
What about an SV1000? Less on the power (110hp-ish) but bags of torque and noise :D
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...&maximum-mileage=25000&postcode=hr11hb&page=6

I enjoyed the SV650 I had but I was frustrated in the way it delivered power as I liked it higher up the range. Plus with all year riding I found the low down torque troublesome in the cold and wet. The SV605 stepped out of line more than once. I can only imagine the SV1000 would be much of the same. I was looking at TL1000 and VTR1000 at one point until I thought about the winters

Back
Top Bottom