Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
Saw the ninja today, pretty positive I want a ninja having sat on it. Just not sure if it’ll be this one, couple of minor details and spots of rust around the tail tidy and chain but has been sat since August, few minor bits on fairings etc. but did start up from cold (battery might be a little low) I feel like it’s priced high for a private sale at £4.4k for a 2017 with I think it was about 6k on the clock so need to research a little as risk is higher when I can’t test ride vs a dealer purchase.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw the ninja today, pretty positive I want a ninja having sat on it. Just not sure if it’ll be this one, couple of minor details and spots of rust around the tail tidy and chain but has been sat since August, few minor bits on fairings etc. but did start up from cold (battery might be a little low) I feel like it’s priced high for a private sale at £4.4k for a 2017 with I think it was about 6k on the clock so need to research a little as risk is higher when I can’t test ride vs a dealer purchase.

Bike world did a comparison between the Ninja and the Z650s - might be worth a watch, as Chris is pretty spot on with reviews

Associate
Thanks for that, from what I had been reading it did appear the Z650 and Ninja were essentially the same bike just with/out the fairings. Think I'll be off to the local store this morning, they have a Z650 but also a Ducati monster which has peaked my interest too...

Soldato
Thanks for that, from what I had been reading it did appear the Z650 and Ninja were essentially the same bike just with/out the fairings. Think I'll be off to the local store this morning, they have a Z650 but also a Ducati monster which has peaked my interest too...
Monster ftw imo

A Ducati is an experience to ride, especially a red one - you just can't help but feel you're on the Ferrari of the bike world.

I'd love another Hypermotard 796, but they still seem to have quite elevated prices

Associate
Before I commit on insurance, are there any providers I should consider outside of what the likes of compare the market have available? Mcn compare gave me the cheapest via Kawasaki

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers just tried but they won’t give a quote, presumably due to length on bike license or I filled something in wrong.

Kawasaki is £600 including lid/leathers cover fully comp on the ninja 650. I’m betting it being drive way parked is not helping.

Soldato
Cheers just tried but they won’t give a quote, presumably due to length on bike license or I filled something in wrong.

Kawasaki is £600 including lid/leathers cover fully comp on the ninja 650. I’m betting it being drive way parked is not helping.
A tracker might help alleviate that concern a bit, but you'd need to make sure you're on trickle charge as some have a tendancy to drain the battery. I'd seem if you can have a chat with someone - maybe they could run the quote with and without; so you can see if it's worth it

Associate
cZH33Le.jpeg
Too late :D

Associate
They are not my cup of tea, but I can certainly appreciate them.

Looks good mate.
It was nowhere near my radar when first looking, then I went to check one out and had a sit on it and was sold.

I did just check the doorbell footage to make sure I didn’t look a giant on it but looks alright lol.

@mingeroonie that we do but also having trained during the winter I’m ok with it right now, besides…I’ll need to go buy new gloves and maybe a summer jacket!

Caporegime
Took it in for its first service today. 70 mile round trip in 9deg weather and it was absolutely hosing it down. Bone-cold, had to hop in a bath to warm up. Everything's soaked, and I mean everything. Gear's taking turns in the tumble drier.

Dunno how those iron butt lads are gonna manage, if the weather's like today, they're gonna suffer. And my bike has plenty of weather protection.

Back
Top Bottom