***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Worth it imo, but then there are others that dont find them useful so depends what you think :p

Some of my old one with the grips

meet23.jpg

DSC_00012.jpg

(shameless pimping too because I miss her lol :( )

Associate
I want to fit a fender eliminator to my FZ6 S2 my question is what the smallest number plate size I can expect to fit without getting pulled every five minutes by plod.

Soldato
Got my Knox Handroids on Friday, and man they're awesome :D. Feel so comfortable, fit so well. Just done a 3hr ride with them, and found them fine for the entire journey, no discomfort, nothing. £160 well spent I'd say :D.

Associate
Those handroids do look the dogs I have to say! Tempting...
Ive bought some stomp grips for the GSXR750 as Im sliding upto the tank now Im wearing race pants with stretch panels, side to side slide is fine but not back to front slides!

On another note - Im off to Glasgow from Surrey on Thursday morning, all 398 miles of it!
Im doing this over a whole day so I get a few decent stops to chillout.
Im packing the usual gear, compact but comprehensive tool kit with zipties, velcro and other bits, small 1st aid kit, oil for the scottoiler, water proofs to go over the leathers and a bulb kit.
Anything else anyone reccomends I should take?

Ill be doing a check over the bike in the next few days but its minty fresh as it is and all fluids and levels are fine.

Cheers!

Soldato
Was anyone at Ty Croes in Anglesey at the week end?

Mate was doing a 2 day track event.

Saturday he managed to spend all day getting new wheel bearings in the rear wheel so only made 1.5 sessions.

Sunday he managed most of the day but then broke down on the way home so got a run from AA the rest LOL.

No so much luck there then

Soldato
Went for the obligatory ride to Brecon again this Saturday, quite eventful:

Saw an indicated 185 on a private runway strip of tarmac road, but had to shut off due to nearing the end.

The R1 hit 10,000 miles on the clock on the way back to Abergavenny.

Some dozy Welsh bint pulled out on three bikers from a side road on the B4235, without looking, and I was the lead rider! Damn car driver brain kicked in and I had a snaking rear before I knew it – lol.

I road the B4235 (Chepstow to Usk) a few years back and it was a damn good bit of tarmac then, but it was even better this time around, although I’m still a little rusty so didn’t take it fast at all; lucky really seen as the aforementioned silly cow decides to just pull out – driving a people carrier too! Some dude on a Gixxer burnt me and my mate off after passing the near miss – I guess he was local, or just that skilled, as he had no damn fear lol.

I have about 3 tonnes of dead things covering the front of the Yammy now :(

Associate
Some shameless pimpage - bike is nearly finished now.. just need to sort out a new link pipe and stubby my slip-on.

anyway, some pics..

bandit%2004.jpg

bandit%2005.jpg

bandit%2006.jpg

bandit%2007.jpg

The little green monster is called "Ralph"... according to my other half..

Soldato
I had a bit of a hairy moment yesterday. Going from Callander - Lochearn Head I was going over a small hill on the road which was also a left turn so coming over it you have to pull the bike over to. I was doing EHEM triple figures trying to catch a group of folks. I felt the front wheel slip then go into a tank slapper. one of those moments where you swear in your lid.

Guy behind me asked if i was dancing LOL

Last edited:
Soldato
It's that time again, the insurance companies are trying to tear my eyeballs out, lol. Will wait till I get a renewal letter through, but starting a new quote they want closer to £1k, when I paid £450 last year, lol.

Soldato
1k :o ouch! I just some insurance yesterday and it was only £300 fully comp and that's with my fault claim last year.

Well I took my first proper ride on the road today :D cant believe how much I have missed it!
But damn im definatelly not getting a naked bike, the Street Triple on the motorway is a nightmare!
Im aching already from all this leather and wearing backpacks business! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom