***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'll just flash my Army ID card, they'll be fine ;) lol. But yeah, I'll definitely be giving them a look at the weekend, Metropolis that is, not the spooks :p.

I'd be interested to know if you have similar issues to me on the wrist bone. I think mine just sticks out a long way and is rubbing on something when I put pressure on the bars. I've no idea what though.

Soldato
Well I still dont have my wheels back.

I dropped them off on 23rd. I knew they wouldnt get looked at until the Monday but was told I would have them back for possibly mid week - end of the week. he then had to go to the BSB so left thursday morning, which is fair enough as it is his race team.

Text him on Tuesday and asked whats happening. got told he was only just back in the unit as they Traveled home on the Monday and would get a text later that day with an idea of collection day.

No text. So text again yesterday and was told I would get a message last night they should be ready to collect.

No text..... He is a mate and dont want to pressure him as he did seam a bit down the last time I was in. But christ all he had to do was take Tyres off and give them to the poweder coaters. then fit ballance tyres and press 5 Bearings into the rims, Which I supplied so cant even blame other company's on delivery. :mad::confused:

Associate
Near got wiped out this morning by some numbskull in a black megavan/suv sitting at the lights in the wrong lane (lane 1, im sitting in lane 2. lanes 1 & 2 were a slip road to the motorway and 3 & 4 were to go on round into the city with roads clearly marked with arrows of what lane goes where) He moved off from the lights then cut across 2 lanes of traffic, no indicators etc, If I'd been 5 foot further up I would have been pushed off my bike and under his back wheels as he went. So if you were the big red van in front of me this morning at the M3 on junction in belfast - those hand gestures and horn sounding wasn't for you.

/rant

At least its a nice day and I could take the bike instead of taking the train full of students.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well My wheels are back. IMO well worth the wait

8869b822.jpg

60ed90de.jpg

ee28d9cc.jpg

9eb64c6e.jpg

The little black bit on the above wheels just oil.

Need to get them on ASAP but decorating the house so better get that done or I wont have a bike LOL

Soldato
you will have many a happy moment cleaning the crap off those lovely white wheels :D

Got a few mates with gixers and white wheels, everyone of em wants them spraying black :p

Soldato
Do it scort the Roo Arlen Ness suit is sexy lol, got mine in the sales before xmas for £450 well worth it for the price, not had much use mine, only had a 5 min trip in it but felt good just that :p

Nooooooooo.... voice on my shoulder, stop!!!! :D

I'm tempted, but need to clear off my credit card first; besides, the Spyke ones are still wearable and have some character now :p

Soldato
you will have many a happy moment cleaning the crap off those lovely white wheels :D

Got a few mates with gixers and white wheels, everyone of em wants them spraying black :p

Aye everyone has mentioned the fact they will go manky quickly. But the bike is 24 and original in every respect, So I wanted to keep it that way. Pluss when it comes to cleaning I'm really particular anyway so wouldn't mater they would be getting tooth brush cleaned anyways LOL

Soldato

You just reminded me of a Brand spanking new Gixxer I saw last night down my mates workshop.

Only just got it and spent 4k on it getting carbon cans and loads of goodies on it. Guess where he put it?......

Thats right into the kitty litter.

One can points nearly straight up left bar is destroyed. both pegs/ rear sets are mangled. Screens burst wing mirror off and loads of paint missing which has been replaced with dirt and scratches LOL
Just glad its not mines, I think i would be physically sick

Soldato
I wasn’t going to give in – although they have been down the road at 60, the GP Pros were still usable, I also have a set of near brand new Weise racing gloves, but today I drop over to MCA in Leicester and walked away £160 light in the wallet:

1hxncn.jpg

Not worn them in full kit yet, hoping tomorrow will be a decent day, so will have a full day’s riding in them to really test them out, but wearing them in civvies they are easily the most comfortable glove I have worn! Bling too :D

I went for a size large, all my other gloves (bar winter ones) are medium, and although the medium Handroids fit like a glove (hurr hurr), there was no room at the tips of my fingers, so the next size up was perfect, the thumb is a little too long, but it may not be an issue when gripping the bars.

Associate
DavieCramb01- Wheels looking good mate :cool: had white wheels on my 2000 srad , they was a bit of a pain to keep clean , but if you keep on top of them and apply some polish/wax now and then they stay good :D

Scort -do you always where them round the house ?:D nice gloves :cool:

My right wrist has been hurting quite badly since i got back on 2wheels , and i feel like my arms arnt as relaxed as i used to be when riding so im trying these out, as i need to use my legs more, these arrived today:-

photo0560f.jpg

anyone else use these ?

Fitting them in the morning , then of for a blast up beeston way :)

Soldato
I really want to get stomp grips, just havent seen any decent pictures of them fitted so dont know whether I would like them or not, my knees are just ruining the paint on my tank!

Soldato
Scort -do you always where them round the house ?:D nice gloves :cool:

Nah, usually wear the full kit - so called breaking it in :D

My right wrist has been hurting quite badly since i got back on 2wheels , and i feel like my arms arnt as relaxed as i used to be when riding so im trying these out, as i need to use my legs more, these arrived today:-

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/5817/photo0560f.jpg[IMG]

anyone else use these ?

Fitting them in the morning , then of for a blast up beeston way :)[/QUOTE]

I may be 'teaching your grandmother to suck eggs' here, but I try to keep my elbows in line with my grips, it does mean I'm in an almost racing crouch most of the time, but it helps keept the wrists ache free. I read in one of the monthly bike rags that whenever you feel your wrists are tight etc, to flap your belows 'chicken dance' fashion...

I have stomp grips on the R1, a PITA to fit (keeping air out), but they do help to stop me sliding nuts first into the tank :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I really want to get stomp grips, just havent seen any decent pictures of them fitted so dont know whether I would like them or not, my knees are just ruining the paint on my tank!

Shameless bike pimpage, but showing my grips:

6p3ipt.jpg

1625xll.jpg

They don’t feel bad at all really, in fact, once you have leathers or textiles on, you only notice the grippy feel and not the lumps.

Soldato
almost £45 for those grips! fairly hefty price tag for some sticky rubber!

I suppose its worth it though, my tank is getting scratched up and I do slide foward somewhat under heavy breaking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom