Bikers What Cam Do You Use?

Soldato
where did you see it for £80 craig?

£87: http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_145779.html?currency=GBP&gclid=CJKa1_fkl8cCFZCWtAod2zUOHA - not sure what they're like though

I would get it from http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/viewitem.php?productid=125 (little bit extra cos it's wide angle, 120° instead of 90°)

Edit: cheaper, 120° lense, £88: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Innov...sensor-/311362533378?var=&hash=item487ea73802 (for the capacitor one which you'd have to wire directly in, wouldn't work standalone. If you want it for helmet, then get the battery one).

Associate
Anyone know if the capacitor kit is waterproofed? I'm tempted by the Bike Pro model but looks like it'd have to be ordered direct from Innovv and subject to import tax...

Soldato
Wow, they're only £80. Tempted by that. My Contour is a pain to turn on every morning to commute, would love to have something that's permanently on when the bike is on.

Do you mount a button on the handlebars or something to save footage?

Edit: Does it have a cut off or something to stop it draining the bike's battery?

It just loop records. So stick a big sd card in and you're sorted. It can also be configured to power on and start recording when it gets an external power. There's a battery and a capacitor version - the battery version lets you record without external power, whereas the capacitor version doesn't.

Their website is a bit **** but think I'm sold on the Innov. Growse, do you have any videos uploaded?

There's plenty of footage on youtube from a few people. Here's one of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTYcP08HSLQ - that one was recorded at 1080@30, but I now actually record at 720@60 - the higher framerate is more useful.

Anyone know if the capacitor kit is waterproofed? I'm tempted by the Bike Pro model but looks like it'd have to be ordered direct from Innovv and subject to import tax...

The lens is waterproof - the camera unit isn't. I shoved mine under the seat next to a usb power source and a fuzeblock, haven't had any problems yet. I also got mine from minidvcameras and they've been great in sorting problems out (I got an early unit with some 'issues', all sorted now though).

The worst thing about the camera is that it's not particularly easy to use. The weird 'program to generate a config file, copy that to an empty sd card and then press a magic combination of buttons to apply it' isn't particularly friendly. But once it's set up and working, it's great. It's proven invaluable in a recent off I had (will post that once it's 100% resolved).

SPG

SPG

Soldato
lidl action CAM

£25 i think, does the trick and not scared when i bin it on a trackday or something.

Soldato
Decided to try using my phone as a mic as the audio was always useless and had to stick some music on other vids .

And it seemed to work ok . Would be nice if it was a little clearer but i will try a few different mounting locations for the phone to see if i can improve it

I also fitted a new clamp for the camera but i didn't check the footage before doing a decent ride so the camera is a little low

Associate
Video quality on the C3 looks great. I reckon I'll go for the Innovv Biker Pro for the addition of Wifi connectivity to the app. Should make it easier re settings and getting footage from it.

I have an old Contour HD but the battery is naff and could never be bothered with the faff of fitting it each day. Haven't even bothered with attaching it my new lid.

Associate
I have an Ion Air Pro Wi-fi, got it cheap last black Friday for around £50 and it works well for my needs. Plus easy to turn on and off with gloves on and has an annoying vibrate function to tell you it's working or not.
D6HoUBV.jpg

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Have you decided Wazza, on what action cam you're getting? I want to buy one for fun and it could also be awesome for insurance purposes. But for those points no point in getting a gopro hero 4 black... :p

Soldato
There are specially designed chest mounts, basically similar to a 4 point harness with a solid centre chest piece for mounting. GoPro even do their own official one.

RJ is using a chestmount AND a gimbal for that footage. Gimbals are pretty damn expensive, more than the camera itself in some cases, and are powered gyroscopic devices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom