Bikers What Cam Do You Use?

Caporegime
Not sure what I can do about that. I never want to be in a situation again without accident footage caught on cam so I'll be riding with 2 cams one on the helmet and one on the bike. I should wire one up and have it looping but I've recently come to the realisation that anytime I try DIY I mess things up.

ive seen some bullet style cams mounted discretely inside ram air ducts.

Caporegime
these guys got some good systems/mounts but they are pricey

http://www.4kam.com/motorcycle_camera_bike_cam_setup.htm

motorcycle_camera_mount_1.jpg

motorcycle_camera_mount_5.jpg

Soldato
4kam stuff is overpriced and does not even represent anything for the money IMO. The quality is poor compared to current HD offerings.

It's just not worth it over well established mass produced solutions from the big names.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im going to purchase the Innovv C3 in both 120 and 90 degree so i can mount them front and rear off my bike.

Which is best at the front? 120 or 90? I ride with a contour 2 helmet cam but sometimes forget to charge the battery

Caporegime
4kam stuff is overpriced and does not even represent anything for the money IMO. The quality is poor compared to current HD offerings.

It's just not worth it over well established mass produced solutions from the big names.

ah fair enough.

who are the big names?

Soldato
Im going to purchase the Innovv C3 in both 120 and 90 degree so i can mount them front and rear off my bike.

Which is best at the front? 120 or 90? I ride with a contour 2 helmet cam but sometimes forget to charge the battery

It comes as a set, its a oner for both cameras and the control box. I cant afford to buy two seperate 120 lenses :(

Soldato
Yeah most of them do tbh. They also have a photo mode, which time lapse is part of. You do have to manually make the time lapse though as you basically end up with hundreds of still photos.

Soldato
Who uses a Contour Roam2? I have one but i don't have a bike mount, i'm definitely not sticking it to the side of my Shoei as i don't want glue etc left behind when i take the pad off.

Anyone recommend one? They are £25 on Amazon or a cheap Chinese one for £5 delivered but i'm not risking the cheap knock off one.

Soldato
Who uses a Contour Roam2? I have one but i don't have a bike mount, i'm definitely not sticking it to the side of my Shoei as i don't want glue etc left behind when i take the pad off.

Anyone recommend one? They are £25 on Amazon or a cheap Chinese one for £5 delivered but i'm not risking the cheap knock off one.

If the Roam2s are £25, I'll be buying up all their stock! :D

They're awesome, especially for daily commute recording as it has a nice big switch on the top to start/stop recording, so easy to use with gloves.

The Drift Ghost / GoPro have slightly better video quality and better at night, but you can't beat the Contour's nice round form & ease of use.

As far as sticking it on your helmet, don't worry about it leaving stuff behind, why would you take it off? Anyway, I have taken them off before and managed to get all the sticky off with a hair drier.

Back
Top Bottom