Bioware's Anthem

From the little I've played of this Demo: UI is bad, the game seems fun and suit customisation is great apart from the colour picker (imo).

The little gameplay I've done so far has been fun. I can easily see myself getting my monies worth out of it.

The UI is awful; absolutely awful for PC. They've ported the console controls straight over and are using really stupid keybinds. Y/U scroll through the menus. In game you scroll through emotes and activate one with a use key. The keys being: '<' '>' '?'

The colour picker is the type I hate. Don't know what it's called but it's a outer circle with a triangle in the centre. No way of directly entering RGB numbers and doesn't match the common square picker you find everywhere. Find it really hard to get the exact colours I want. While saying that, getting the exact colours of course, doesn't really matter except to me. :)

Horrible menus, horrible UI, terrible loading times, confusing launching missions, feels like mouse acceleration present as it feels floaty but nothing in the menu to alter (I'm getting 80fps average 1440p ultra everything so shouldnt feel floaty.)

First impressions incredibly underwhelming, I didn't want another Destiny clone, even down to the map and symbols looking similar. Feels to much geared towards console to me.

Back
Top Bottom