Bioware's Anthem

So with this game, the release is essentially a vanilla version with some content and they will spend the next few years adding more substantial content? At no extra cost?

The thing with loading screens is that they would have been fine if you could do other things. One thing Destiny and Destiny 2 did really well is allow you to access your inventory during loading screens which meant you could admire character see loot drops change loadouts etc. If we could do the same with the forge that would at least alleviate some of the tedium.
I think that's specific to destiny, I don't recall any other game that let's you do config with the UI while it's loading

I think that's specific to destiny, I don't recall any other game that let's you do config with the UI while it's loading

I know it is, my point was it's a really good idea and something that would have worked well in Anthem if Bioware really have no way around reducing loading screens.

If instead of the forge, they just allowed access to the gear/weapons from character wherever you are + implementing something like destiny this would potentially be the biggest QoL this game could get. Would drastically improve it to be honest. Destiny defo does the UI/menu/gear well.

And to be honest, they could implement gear locks for content if that was their intention with the forge system - destiny locks gear for prestige activities so anthem could do the same for Grandmaster.

I believe they said they are looking into reducing loading times server side, but it doesn't bother me much anymore - I have passed the point of having individual missions so can just crack on.

If instead of the forge, they just allowed access to the gear/weapons from character wherever you are + implementing something like destiny this would potentially be the biggest QoL this game could get. Would drastically improve it to be honest. Destiny defo does the UI/menu/gear well.

Completely agree here. They could also just the have the character "lock" when in mission if they are concerned about balancing (I assume the point of the Forge is that you are meant to think about your loadout before the mission and plan accordingly).

The whole walking around to speak to one person for 5 seconds to then walk all the way back gets tiresome fast.

I moved my game to my NVME SSD (I didn't realise you could move games individually) and load times are improved but still feel too long. I assume a lot of this is server side.

Finished the campaign and got to endgame lastnight and wow what a difference in terms of enjoyment.
So much loot and items that open up new builds, i already have all 5 loadouts spots taken up for my colossus alone.
This is diablo in a mech suit which is great, you can play for an hour or 5 hours whatever you like as loot and rolls on loot are totally random, no grinding X and Y for X weapon and Y gear item.
Im having a blast running legendary contracts,strongholds and world events in freeplay all the while getting loot for more and more build possibilities.
I just wish they didnt make the campaign such a chore to get through because after that is a blast to play.
My next objective is to hit lvl 30 and unlock Grand Master 1, maybe masterwork gear starts to drop then.

Finished the campaign and got to endgame lastnight and wow what a difference in terms of enjoyment.
So much loot and items that open up new builds, i already have all 5 loadouts spots taken up for my colossus alone.
This is diablo in a mech suit which is great, you can play for an hour or 5 hours whatever you like as loot and rolls on loot are totally random, no grinding X and Y for X weapon and Y gear item.
Im having a blast running legendary contracts,strongholds and world events in freeplay all the while getting loot for more and more build possibilities.
I just wish they didnt make the campaign such a chore to get through because after that is a blast to play.
My next objective is to hit lvl 30 and unlock Grand Master 1, maybe masterwork gear starts to drop then.

It drops before 30 :) I start getting masterworks at level 28 and now the real grind is on.

The game is bugged ridden, This is at character level 30

Tyramt Mine:

Item drops for masterworks and legendary items:

Difficulty:
Gandmaster: 0 master works 0 legendary
Hardmode: 0 master 0 legendary
Normal: 4 master 6 legendary

Back
Top Bottom