Bioware's Anthem

End game feels utter garbage

Doing grandmaster contracts and the loot is ******* awful, absolutely no progression feels like I've hit a brick wall and it's just zero fun as the NPC's take 4x as long to kill, can pretty much one shot you if you're not focusing at 100% to watch out and drop nothing that helps you progress

Exactly like Destiny was, fun to level up but once you hit end game it becomes a tedious grind instead of actual fun

destiny has changed a lot so the end game is massively varied and a lot of fun now. Pity anthem didn't learn from the forsaken launch, I agree this is tedious levelling at end game

It's worrying that Bioware could look at the likes of D3, Destiny 2 and Division and all the changes they've made since launch to actually improve the respective games yet make exactly the same mistakes at launch as those 3 games did

It's pretty obvious the game needs another 6 months to a year in the oven but needed to be rushed out for Q1 revenue for EA. The fact cataclysms are coming soon after launch is evidence enough that it was probably intended to be in the full release. The gameplay loop is fundamentally fun, the core game could be great but bugs and content were always going to be its achilles heel.

I agree with a lot of what's been posted here but I'm still enjoying the gameplay. I still intend to play a for a fair while but expect it to be in shorter chunks than other games.

The ~6GB patch is now live.

@Minusorange @GAM8LE

Am I missing something here guys. I'm lvl23, done every mission, spoke to every NPC throughout after each mission, done the Tyrant Mine Stronghold on Normal and Hard several times but now there's no mission for me to progress. Only thing I can do is Freeplay.

Is there nothing in missions when you press J or when you look on the map before launching ?

It's pretty obvious the game needs another 6 months to a year in the oven but needed to be rushed out for Q1 revenue for EA.

It's going to lose players quicker than Destiny 2 though if this crap we have now is end game, I spent 5 hours today and got zero upgrades, that's unacceptable for a loot grinder especially when content while fun is far too repetitive to keep doing for hours on end with zero reward without getting bored

Few friends bigged this up as "finally a decent looter shooter".... Glad i didn't take the bait. Looks beautiful, just hope one day something that looks as good as this ends up being good! I'm ready to sink years and years in to a decent game!

This game has actually made me want to go back and give Destiny 2 a go. I stopped playing before the first DLC came out and apparently its improved since then

End game feels utter garbage

Doing grandmaster contracts and the loot is ******* awful, absolutely no progression feels like I've hit a brick wall and it's just zero fun as the NPC's take 4x as long to kill, can pretty much one shot you if you're not focusing at 100% to watch out and drop nothing that helps you progress

Exactly like Destiny was, fun to level up but once you hit end game it becomes a tedious grind instead of actual fun

Good to know!

Nope, not a thing. I have no speech or quest markers at Tarsis, when pressing J I can see all the missions I've completed. When I go to map all i have available is the purple Tyrant Mine stronghold and the free play

Try doing free play or Tyrant until you level up ? The quests might be level locked other than that I've got no idea why you don't have any progress :confused:

Well the new patch made my guns sound better

Unfortunately end game is still trash

This is the loot from a Legendary contract

OozTRFE.jpg

No upgrades as I've had 36 level items for the past 3 days and haven't yet received an upgrade

Gr8 loo8 shotter dis gaem iz

Back
Top Bottom