Bioware's Anthem

Yup the game is enjoyable to play with an immersive story and a ton of customisation. Performance is fantastic too for such good graphics (not near e3 level)

A lot of cons though:

- loading screens.........
- mission launching process
- game world feels so empty/bland, just same areas over and over again with only a few wild life about
- shooting your weapons still feels weird, like no real feedback coming from these incredibly powerful weapons
- still some weird blur, not sure if it is the AA or motion blur still being applied despite it being turned off

Im about 5 hours in and starting to get bored.
Im on the story mission where i have to unlock some tombs and to do so i need to do random boring crap and lots of it to open the doors of these tombs, mind numbing to say the least.
Its just forcing you out into the freeplay world which is actually empty and bland.
Fingers crossed i can stomach this part and progress.
Still loads of annoying stuff, the so called running in the fort place is still painfully slow, i mean WTF are they thinking?
No FOV slider is a massive mistake on PC.
Loading screens are far too long even on a high spec PC with games installed to a SSD.
No waypoints lol again wtf.
Snoozefest talking to NPCs , game overall just feels bland.

I do like the loot system and the randomness similar to Diablo and path of exile.
Looking at rolls im getting on gear be they crafted or drops points to a robust loot system so far.

Just got Origin Access again, going to try Anthem, shame I need to download the entire thing again considering the game isn't much bigger than the demo, could have saved me about 12 hours of downloading time there.

really enjoying playing this to my surprise, just enjoying the abilities, combos and flying around like a bad ass iron man :)

It does have loads of annoying things though.

-No FOV slider, it feels way to narrow for a 3rd person shooter, especially when you zoom in when gunfighting.
-Boring NPC speeches, I just skip everything, I just wanna shoot and loot, couldn't care less about story.
-World is bland, very little wildlife, no storms etc
-Menus are horrendous
-The main hub, why do I have to flipping walk everywhere :mad:

Last edited:
really enjoying playing this to my surprise, just enjoying the abilities, combos and flying around like a bad ass iron man :)

It does have loads of annoying things though.

-No FOV slider, it feels way to narrow for a 3rd person shooter, especially when you zoom in when gunfighting.
-Boring character speeches, I just skip everything, I just wanna shoot and loot, couldn't care less about story.
-World is bland, very little wildlife, no storms etc
-Menus are horrendous
-The main hub, why do I have to flipping walk everywhere :mad:
Not been using k and m but been using controller , if you click on left stick you do move faster .

just be playing this afternoon and during my leveling up (from 6 to 7) i accuried a lvl 18 legendary scout rifle which is utterly devistating against foes in the world and in missions, however i've just completed a mission and going back into the fort the dam thing has dissapeared from my inventry, which is serious annoying, anyone else had this happen or is it a bug?

EDIT

never mind its just re appeared in my gun slot :)

Back
Top Bottom