Bioware's Anthem

Game development is hard. Decisions like these are not easy

Yet it's much easier to make those decisions after you got all the money from everybody and is probably why it was decided to can the game because the suits didn't see enough money coming in from anybody who isn't a loyal fan who has already paid their money

This is why you never pre-order, never buy based on what the game might become in the future. We need to stop encouraging this behaviour by no longer rewarding these companies for it.

You really couldn't see this coming?

It was simply the most PR friendly way of killing the game, they never had any intention of relaunching it, that's why they left it with a skeleton dev crew and went radio silent. Step 2 was the "leak" about news incoming about next's future, which prepares the ground for the announcement yesterday, that was so obviously coming.

Anyone who pre-orders games, and who blindly buys on launch opens themselves up to this kind of abuse. They can only rip you off if you allow them to do it.

Will gamers ever learn about pre-ordering etc?

Nope.

I never pre-order and I never buy early access games. In my opinion those two things have played a major part in gaming becoming the cesspool it currently is.

Not surprised in the slightest but very disappointed.

Thoroughly enjoyed Anthem and loved the movement, always wanted the overheat removed though. ;)

I do hope some company picks up where Anthem left off.

It seems unlikely given the tide is turning after the debacles of Anthem and Avengers. Not every game needs live service multiplayer so that you can squeeze out the microtransaction money.

It seems unlikely given the tide is turning after the debacles of Anthem and Avengers. Not every game needs live service multiplayer so that you can squeeze out the microtransaction money.

It was more the verticality and gameplay I'm wanting. I enjoyed the added dimension in combat and who doesn't like flying around in power armour. Good gameplay and transmog please.

I am playing this now that it is in gamepass - completely solo on easy, simply to enjoy the flying, shooting and story - not interested in any of that live multiplayer nonsense - and...it's a fun game? Nothing amazing, the mission objectives are repetitive for sure, but the core mechanics work well and the world is beautiful. Some of the dialogue is pretty good too. It's a solid 7/10 game as far as I am concerned.

In the end the biggest issue I have with this game is what it represents, when they pulled most of the team from Mass effect Andromeda to world on the new "golden child" which Anthem was supposed to be, we ended up with the train wreck of Andromeda, so yes I will always be biased against Anthem, i'm human.

I was the same. I have something like 100+ hours in the game.the movement was great, there was just no content. Was disappointed but not surprising that they canceled the 2.0 reboot.

Yeah, I put in many hours also. It just went flat really quick. I kept hoping that they would fix it, but in the end it turned out to be just one big shame. Sone really good ideas but poor implementation.

Yeah, I put in many hours also. It just went flat really quick. I kept hoping that they would fix it, but in the end it turned out to be just one big shame. Sone really good ideas but poor implementation.

What power level did you get your javelins up to?

The core gameplay was always pretty good, just the obviously thrown together story and content that was lacking badly, honestly it's such a shame that Anthem 2.0 will never come to fruition.

What power level did you get your javelins up to?

I can’t remember, it’s been that long since I played. I was in it for the end game, after quitting Destiny after playing it from day 1 until the first raid in Destiny 2 (leviathan).

I was far too quick to race through everything it had to offer to be honest, which wasn’t a great deal. I was still playing when they changed the loot drop rate, which went too far the other way in my opinion, they made it too easy.

To be honest I don’t think I could go through what I did in Destiny ever again. It was like a full time job. It ended up having to do things like nightfalls etc instead of enjoying it and wanting to.

After two years of looter shooters, Anthem then Division 2, I'm feeling burned out with this genre. PVE has become stale. Inventory management is one serious pain in the ass.

After two years of looter shooters, Anthem then Division 2, I'm feeling burned out with this genre. PVE has become stale. Inventory management is one serious pain in the ass.

The division was good at first I played both of them for quite some time, but again I raced through and burned out eventually.

I’m still on the lookout for something new that’s a refreshing change, but nothing seems to keep my interest for long.

I blame Destiny :rolleyes:

That's the problem. There aint really much, it's normal PvP, PvE or everything else is dominated by Battle Royale. Then you've got Arena Shooters with a very tiny player base. Everyone chases Battle Royale.

Back
Top Bottom