Bioware's Anthem

That's even maybe more strange. It could be possible that this is the case of the voice of the minority being being louder then the majority that had a drastic effect of the longevity of the game.

I think the loading screen issue was less about the length of them and more to do with the lack of seamlessness like other open world games and thus it felt less like an open world and more like instances. Wasnt a massive issue for me as there were and still are far bigger problems. I may jump back in if 2.0 ever sees the light of day but I'm not holding my breath.

Dunno, I had the game on day one and never experienced any problems at all with the loading screens.

I've also been a day one player.

I stopped playing, because it was getting harder to find random groups. Although with this quarantine, I might reconsider playing tonight for a change from Breakpoint or The Division 2.

What power level are you? Most are playing on GrandMaster 3 for the level 80 gear. Even the ones that need carried.

I've also been a day one player.

What power level are you? Most are playing on GrandMaster 3 for the level 80 gear. Even the ones that need carried.
I am level 15, played for a couple of hours today and not getting more than 2 people for strongholds. Going back on this afternoon, to do Alliance missions.

I really wanted to play it but I could never get the game to connect to the servers, perma stuck on joining.

I spent ages with tech helps trying to get it working but no luck, had same problem with ME Andromeda I could never go online.

Meanwhile...

Game development is hard. Decisions like these are not easy. Moving forward, we need to laser focus our efforts as a studio and strengthen the next Dragon Age, and Mass Effect titles while continuing to provide quality updates to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I'm always surprised at how positive they seem to be about keeping SWTOR going. Perhaps its because the major costs of it are long gone it's easy money to keep it going at maintenance levels.

It's a ******* joke. For two years they've kept stringing people along, saying that they're going fix the half-finished game they released and now they come out with this ****. It just goes to highlight that these software companies/publishers don't give a single flying **** about their paying customers once they have the money. They really are a scummy bunch of *****!

Given the promised support etc, I wonder if everyone is entitled to refunds.
It wasn't just a case of it being a disappointing game, it was a "Live service" which just wasn't what was advertised.

I went through the story twice, once with a friend and the other day with my girlfriend, it was "fun" enough, but it was just do disappointing.

It's a ******* joke. For two years they've kept stringing people along, saying that they're going fix the half-finished game they released and now they come out with this ****. It just goes to highlight that these software companies/publishers don't give a single flying **** about their paying customers once they have the money. They really are a scummy bunch of *****!

This is why you never pre-order, never buy based on what the game might become in the future. We need to stop encouraging this behaviour by no longer rewarding these companies for it.

You really couldn't see this coming?

It was simply the most PR friendly way of killing the game, they never had any intention of relaunching it, that's why they left it with a skeleton dev crew and went radio silent. Step 2 was the "leak" about news incoming about next's future, which prepares the ground for the announcement yesterday, that was so obviously coming.

Anyone who pre-orders games, and who blindly buys on launch opens themselves up to this kind of abuse. They can only rip you off if you allow them to do it.

Will gamers ever learn about pre-ordering etc?

Nope.

Meanwhile...

I'm always surprised at how positive they seem to be about keeping SWTOR going. Perhaps its because the major costs of it are long gone it's easy money to keep it going at maintenance levels.

No doubt, and because it's got the Star Wars IP, that's going to pull people in. Same goes for Star Trek Online. Games like WoW, PoE, Warframe, etc have to build their IP, find a niche and grow it with a good game. Big IPs like SWTOR are established, and pulling in the punters. Games like Anthem, Fallout 76 or Avengers shows how badly it can go wrong when you simply don't do a good enough job at launch, because there are plenty of other games for players to spend their time on. If you've crashed and burned at launch, you rarely get a chance to fix that. The publishers don't want to spend even more money rebuilding a game from the ground up because they've already got your cash and seen gamers reject the (poorly made) product.

It's really a case of never getting a second chance at a first impression, especially when you rely on a certain number of players to populate the game and effectively provide the content of playing with others. All in a market where there are established or better alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom