• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Soldato
I have recently got a MSI 7900xtx for £917, going to keep an eye on them incase it comes available at a much cheaper price then return my current one, rainforest returns and all that.
I bought one for £920 and am not going to return it if it’s much lower on Black Friday. It would cost me £25 to send it back insured for starters and I can’t see the point in returning it for the sake of money just to buy the same one again anyway.

Its all installed and benchmarked now and I’m happy with it and the price I paid.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Looking for a 4060 Gaming laptop.

Will be plugged in 90% of the time on the 4k TV or the monitor.

Associate
I bought one for £920 and am not going to return it if it’s much lower on Black Friday. It would cost me £25 to send it back insured for starters and I can’t see the point in returning it for the sake of money just to buy the same one again anyway.

Its all installed and benchmarked now and I’m happy with it and the price I paid.
And that’s how we should view tech purchases - you make a call when the time and price is right and stick with it as it’s all hassle now removing and re-benchmarking a new product only to find it’s worse for a small saving. Time is money as they say lol.

Caporegime
I don't think there will be any 4090 sales. Can't have a sale if you don't have the stock lol.
image.png

Associate
OP
I'd say value, as in pound for pound. Would you disagree? As in do you think the 4080 is 2/300 pounds well spent over the XTX? I'm open to reason before dropping my well-earned... ;)
I probably wouldn't disagree, but I was wondering if you had a specific use case in mind.

Man of Honour
No, but planning for what you're willing to buy might avoid rash decisions?
Yeah, that's true. I was thinking more: anticipating that the AMD card (due to their pricing) is likely to be better value. That's what I meant I wouldn't bother worrying about, because until the deals come, we don't know (e.g. a 4080 might appear at £700 and the lowest XTX is £850).

Caporegime
I think it's going to be a lot like last years gfx card deals tbh, not much about. Manufacturers/Retailers just don't seem to have the flexibility atm due to costs!

Last edited:
Soldato
The 4090 Suprim just went up £100 on Overclockers in the last few hours. How can they justify an extra £100. We are at £2100 now, +£300 from last month.

Crazy times, hard to believe it's the exchange rate lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't touch a 4090 unless below £1400, you're 1yr out now from next gen... the value decreases over time unless hyped by a shortage of supply

Definitely a shortage of supply happening. With limited UK stock prices have risen loads... if still in stock at all. 4080-4090 "sales" are going to be higher than they were at launch.

Caporegime
The 4090 Suprim just went up £100 on Overclockers in the last few hours. How can they justify an extra £100. We are at £2100 now, +£300 from last month.
They don't have to justify anything to you, you either buy or you don't buy and my guess is that they'll be getting plenty of buyers atm ;)

Caporegime
I wouldn't touch a 4090 unless below £1400, you're 1yr out now from next gen... the value decreases over time unless hyped by a shortage of supply
I was tempted to go full-on again but from everything that I scoured (benchmark-wise) found that the 4090 was still strangled a little by that resolution on everything but the most harsh of engines/RT so I went with a good 4080 deal instead and glad I did :)

Back
Top Bottom