• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Myth Wukong - Benchmark tool

Think the Hardware Unboxed 4090 is limited to 450W.

Was able to get an extra 12 fps (~17%) with an OC @ 4k.

4K Cinematic, RT Very High, DLSS 75 + FG
AVG: 83
Max: 98
Min: 71

vlcsnap-2024-08-17-18h00m16s907.png

4K Cinematic, RT Very High, DLSS 50 + FG
Avg: 117
Max: 138
Min: 97

vlcsnap-2024-08-17-18h03m35s225.png

Last edited:
Ran it at full/max and was dismayed to see it reach as low as 8fps, but was relieved, when nearer the end of the benchmark
to see a buttery smooth 13 fps being 'achieved'.

Last edited:
Think the Hardware Unboxed 4090 is limited to 450W.

Was able to get an extra 12 fps (~17%) with an OC @ 4k.

4K Cinematic, RT Very High, DLSS 75 + FG
AVG: 83
Max: 98
Min: 71

vlcsnap-2024-08-17-18h00m16s907.png

4K Cinematic, RT Very High, DLSS 50 + FG
Avg: 117
Max: 138
Min: 97

vlcsnap-2024-08-17-18h03m35s225.png
at super resolution 75 like exactly the same hardware and same GPU same settings how come you are getting way better results?

Same driver same bench version, i have nothing runnoing in the backround other than like 20 tabs webpages but that wont affect performance

your getting 117fps average and i got 53fps average

same 4k res too
all cinematic settings

average 53 fps to average 117 fps there too much of a difference

we both have i9 cpu and 4090s

so where am i going wrong?

I don't usually like RT all that much, well, game depending, but even on low it made a very substantial difference vs turned off.

As long as I set the render resolution to 1080p and tweak one of two settings, it's quite playable. Looks very good even on medium, IMO.

same 4k res too
all cinematic settings

average 53 fps to average 117 fps there too much of a difference

we both have i9 cpu and 4090s

so where am i going wrong?
Everytime you change settings you should then restart the game as sometimes the settings don't take effect so to be sure restart the app.

at super resolution 75 like exactly the same hardware and same GPU same settings how come you are getting way better results?

Same driver same bench version, i have nothing runnoing in the backround other than like 20 tabs webpages but that wont affect performance

your getting 117fps average and i got 53fps average

Try without the 20 tabs of web pages ?

edit: it's also 83 vs 53.
117 was with DLSS at 50

Last edited:
If anyone is using a 7900X3D, or 7950X3D, ensure you set the benchmark as “remember this is a game” in Windows game bar “win key + G” when running the benchmark.

The default is for the benchmark to use all cores but it should be parking the non 3D cache CCD for best performance.

The Witcher 3 looks as good as , if not better than this.

In some ways yes but more in an art direction IMHO. The problem for me (not just this game) is the overuse of unrealistic cinematic effects. DoF, motion blur, film grain, chromatic aberration, vignetting etc. When these are overdone they detract from a games visuals. So with all these effects you end up feeling like you are wearing a pair of stockings on your head, while suffering from cataracts and vertigo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom