Black Myth: Wukong

Thing is if the oxidation issue starts (which it will if it's an older build especially!) then the eventual will happen regardless.
I'm not sure I fully trust Intel on any of the issues, but the latest BIOS might buy people another couple of years (if it's not oxidation).

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
Bs1Oea0.png

Imagine saying this for a fantasy game where the characters are all animals and monsters.....

:D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
They did not test with 4K output using DLSS Performance which is the commonly accepted DLSS mode to use for a 4K output (50% equates to a 1090p internal render and is excellent quality in basically all games with the DLSS 3.7 dll and Preset E either out the box or swapped in and enabled with DLSSTweaks.

They only tested the Quality preset scaling range which at 75% (quality starts at around 62%) which arguably, even in Cyberpunk and Alan Wake 2 path traced, results in noticeable camera lag from the mouse.DLSS Performance with a 4K upscaled output with Frame Gen also results in being able to hit over 100fps with FG which as HUB state, equates to a good experience for lag etc, exactly as seen in other games that also use path tracing and aligns exactly with my experience in all games with a 4090 on a 240Hz QD-OLED.

The comments across the board from youtube reviews to reddit to ffacebook and other forums are infuriatingly tedious, so may people simply don't grasp the concept that this game uses path tracing hence the massive performance hit and the need for a 4090 to get enjoyable framerates at higher settings. This is what Nvidia's naming scheme has caused, RTX suite of tech like Frame Gen isn't really designed for high performance on lower cards, yet Nvidia will market it as such for games like this which as HUB points out, will not be a good experience at all on anything but a 4090/4080 Super/4080 at a push depending on subjectiveness.

The comments across the board from youtube reviews to reddit to ffacebook and other forums are infuriatingly tedious, so may people simply don't grasp the concept that this game uses path tracing hence the massive performance hit and the need for a 4090 to get enjoyable framerates at higher settings. This is what Nvidia's naming scheme has caused, RTX suite of tech like Frame Gen isn't really designed for high performance on lower cards, yet Nvidia will market it as such for games like this which as HUB points out, will not be a good experience at all on anything but a 4090/4080 Super/4080 at a push depending on subjectiveness.

TBF it confuses the **** out of me too. Luckily I got you to ask :D

Back
Top Bottom