US: Blacklist

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Latest episode was ok spent a bit too much time setting up the bigger bad guys and not trying to resolve the story for my liking.

Soldato
I still find it amusing, that...

Doctor_Daniel_Jackson_(James_Spader)2.jpg

Ended up being 'the FBI's most wanted criminal mastermind'

Associate
Like others have said, Spader makes the show. It's pretty terrible otherwise with far too much Bay-esque unbelievability. I keep comparing it to Homeland (season 1), which was far more believable with far superior acting, particularly from Clare Danes who wipes the floor with the woman in this one who is nothing but a pretty face.

The thing that's annoyed me most so far up to episode 10 is
Keene was adopted when she was 4 by a single man who raised he alone? In what world do they allow singletons to adopt kids, never mind a single man? Adopting is a major undertaking, and they don't let any old person do it, especially single men. This immediately stood out as a contrivance by the writers so they could avoid having a mother character who would complicate the story for them. The only reason I could think of that he was able to do this was he was Red's brother, they might have allowed it then, but it should have seemed highly strange to Keene when she grew up.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I wasn't sure i would watch season 2 or not until i just read Mary-Louise Parker from Weeds is joining. I know it won't happen but if she were to replace the female lead the show would be massively improved, even so just her joining is an improvement.

Caporegime
I wasn't sure i would watch season 2 or not until i just read Mary-Louise Parker from Weeds is joining. I know it won't happen but if she were to replace the female lead the show would be massively improved, even so just her joining is an improvement.

I read that and was thinking to my self she must be pretty old looking by now, hit up google and even at 49 she looks better than a lot of 30+ people :eek:

Soldato
This kept me entertained throughout most of the season but they have to be the dumbest FBI agents in the history of TV! (and that takes some doing after the Keyston Cops-esque The Following!)

The sheer number of times they are in-situ knowing a dangerous killer is on the way and he kills and still manages to get away is ridiculous!

If you are gonna let the baddie get away mid-show (which to be fair, you usually have to or you end up with a 25 minute show!) then at least make it as though you get there too late and didn't have time to guard all the exits and warn the target!!!

Also, Lizzie, you will get far more answers from Red if you refuse to talk to him unless he stops rambling like the Riddler when he's talking to you!!! :confused:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Watched first 5-6 eps..... not enjoying spaders performance or character rather annoying actually but nice idea overall.

Soldato
Watched first 5-6 eps..... not enjoying spaders performance or character rather annoying actually but nice idea overall.

I wasn't sure at first to be honest - the whole "I'm smarter than anyone in the room" attitude really grated on me at first!

I'd recommend persevering until at least the Anslo Garrick double episode (around episode 9 or 10 I believe!) - things really picked up then and most of the characters seemed to really move on!

Permabanned
Netflix have just paid 2million per episode for The Blacklist, season 1 will be on it next week but no mention of whether season 2 will be after the whole thing ends on TV or the morning after each episode airs, like they do with some other NBC shows. 2mil is more than they paid for TWD :eek:

Soldato
Rewatched a couple episodes the other day, Spader is absolutely fantastic, hes got to be in the top 5 actors in the world. Why no more recognition?

Back
Top Bottom