US: Blacklist

Permabanned
Rewatched a couple episodes the other day, Spader is absolutely fantastic, hes got to be in the top 5 actors in the world. Why no more recognition?

I agree with him being fantastic but i wouldn't say he doesn't get enough recognition. His best role by far was in Boston Legal/The Practice and he won Emmys for both.

If you look through his body of work up until around a decade ago you can tell he pretty much did any movie that came across his desk, multiple movies every year and most of them were between rubbish to ok. While he did have a few of good ones back then it wasn't until he started doing TV that he started shining IMO and he's had a lot of recognition since, he mostly stopped doing movies then too. Apart from his role in The Office which I haven't seen so can't judge i'd say The Blacklist is his weakest TV role to date, he's fantastic in it but the show itself has only been good.

Permabanned
Good first episode.

I'm a little disappointed in Mary-Louise Parker's role though as i had thought she'd be coming in as a strong female character instead of a victim. Hopefully it fleshes out as the season progresses.

Soldato
Can't put my finger on it but it feels like something has been lost.

me too. perhaps its the intrigue. at first you're curious who is this character and their relationship. then all the stuff with her husband and then berlin. you still have some of that, but i feel its all sort of been answered and not really replaced by anything. first season had the classic ... this week our murderer is this .... but there will still also over arching story points taking up a lot of episode time. now its more heres the guy and a smidge of main plot.

of course, i could just be chatting ****

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It'd be crap without him. He's the only reason I watch. Can't wait to hear him as Ultron in the new avengers.

Yeah same here, the entire show revolves around him so without Spader there is no Red and no blacklist. I find his casual demeanour and smooth talking both funny and unsettling because you just don't know what he going to do or say. :D

Ultron going to be interesting

Associate
Yeah same here, the entire show revolves around him so without Spader there is no Red and no blacklist. I find his casual demeanour and smooth talking both funny and unsettling because you just don't know what he going to do or say. :D

Ultron going to be interesting

He's just so good. He acts very casual a lot of the time, it's like being an amazing actor is effortless for him, that's what it feels like. And Ultron will be incredible. Disturbing with some strange humour thrown in I imagine. Very excited for the first trailer.

Soldato
Good episode to herald the return of the Blacklist and a definite step up from the pre-break episodes.

Ron Perlman is Reddington's new adversary so as can be expected it's quite an explosive and violent episode :)

Back
Top Bottom