• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Last edited:
AFMF 2 is getting pretty good reports, something tells me nvidia is going to have a driver based version of their frame gen for the 50xx :p It's going to be very interesting to see what else they will come up with as they'll need something to get 4090 users to upgrade!

I thought fake frames were bad? :cry:

In any case don't need a driver solution- lossless frame Gen will work on any GPU and provides 400% increase in fake frames

Last edited:
If you want a bit more random speculation, there's an listing for the Cooler Master X Silent Edge Platinum 850 fanless CPU (won't link it due to competitor rules, but easily googled) that advertises it as compatible with the RTX 5090. An 850W PSU might be cutting things a bit fine if some of the other rumours about 5090 power draw are true.

Of course, the listing could also be nonsense.

Upcoming #nvidia GeForce RTX 5090 GPU designs revealed by Palit?

looks liek old news from Computex

For all the 6 games in VR worth playing!!!!!

thats 6 more than i counted last time

Melmac right now :p

angry-man-smoked-brain.gif

Last edited:
I am going to wait for better headsets that do not cost a fortune before I dip in again personally. Had two headsets so far and was a lot of fun.

Who knows, might get the Valve Index 2 if it turns out it is a big improvement over the first. Needs to be wireless as standard though.

If you have a 4k monitor and want to play at or around 120fps fps at max settings then lots of modern games can make use of that horsepower.

Exactly.

Have got a 3440x1440 175hz and 4k 240hz qd-oled screen, no gpu, not even the 4090 can get anywhere near that refresh rate/FPS even with frame gen dlss (unless you maybe use dlss perf, which is very good at 4k)

If you have a 4k monitor and want to play at or around 120fps fps at max settings then lots of modern games can make use of that horsepower.
I have one since launch and a 144hz ultra wide monitor but honestly with the games that's came out in the last couple of years it seems like a waste.

I upgraded from a 980ti though so for me I guess I needed to upgrade anyway at the time.

anyway I'm sure there's a lot of people wondering if it was really worth it in hindsight.

I have one since launch and a 144hz ultra wide monitor but honestly with the games that's came out in the last couple of years it seems like a waste.

I upgraded from a 980ti though so for me I guess I needed to upgrade anyway at the time.

anyway I'm sure there's a lot of people wondering if it was really worth it in hindsight.
Without knowing what kind of games you are playing, saying its a waste means very little as it's likely that you are just not making good use of it. Next you will know not to rush out to buy the most expensive GPU and just buy the 7 or 8 series model instead, but at least the 4090 will last you a couple more years with no need of an upgrade, which is also a good thing.

Last edited:
I'm on a 4k monitor and want to hold 120fps where possible and 90 where it isn't. I've had a lot of use out of my release-day Inno3D 4090.

That’s exactly what I want.

My 3090 gets there with fiddling / compromise, which I find a bit faffy. Sometimes I wonder whether the benefit of a better GPU is being able to ‘set and forget’.

I was messing around with DLSS settings and ray tracing on Hogwarts Legacy for about an hour yesterday…

That’s exactly what I want.

My 3090 gets there with fiddling / compromise, which I find a bit faffy. Sometimes I wonder whether the benefit of a better GPU is being able to ‘set and forget’.

I was messing around with DLSS settings and ray tracing on Hogwarts Legacy for about an hour yesterday…

And then you have people saying the reason you need to mess about in that game is because of vram. It's like no mate, you need to mess around due to performance issues way before you do because of vram :D

You know what, it's the 'fiddling around' part and getting things to run best as they can that I secretly and weirdly enjoy in the whole PC gaming lark. It's part of the 'hobby' aspect for me. Anyone else?

Yep. Always enjoyed that. Used to love lowering settings one notch if playing latest games which in game the IQ was almost indistinguishable from the highest setting and getting almost the same experience as the guy who paid for 1 or 2 tiers higher GPU :D

Back
Top Bottom