• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

Today's DF Direct discusses 5080 and 5090 in good detail, thoughts align with ours, that the 5090 appears to be once again a standalone halo card but an even bigger gap vs 80 than what the 4090 was, which means an even tougher pill tyo swallow for anyone looking at the 5080 as bang for buck likely isn't going to be there once again.

There's no way a 5080 is beating a 4090, it's only just better on paper than a 4080 lol.

Last edited:
Yeah thinking that it's going to be 10% up from a 4090 is just borderline cope:

E8Z1b4N.png

How much longer are we going to get big performance improvements when buying the next gen cards ?

Surely there got come a time when even nvidia will struggle to bring out faster & faster GPU's

It will depend how much the architecture will steer towards RT/PT, favoring those more. SER I believe, can be up to 25% performance improvement.

Looking at that its only going to be marginally faster than the 4080!
Yep, performance/watt looks like it won't have improved at all (maybe degraded) since Ada :(

Jensen said a while (1yr+?) back that we'd hit the limit in price/performance, so if you want more performance, you'll have to pay more... if that is (and it seems to be) the case, then I'll just continue to play at ever decreasing settings until I burn a hole in my 7900XT...

Yeah thinking that it's going to be 10% up from a 4090 is just borderline cope:

E8Z1b4N.png

The RTX5080 is probably designed to be China compliant - I suspect it will be around the performance of the RTX4090D.

Ada Lovelace is also probably bandwidth limited too,so I expect the RTX5080 to easily beat the RTX4080 Super and be just under an RTX4090 at qHD.

If you look at the AD106 and AD104 against their Ampere equivalents,it was the biggest uplift. Then the AD103 was worse,followed by the AD102.

This makes it possible there will be an RTX5080TI 24GB too,but only for non-Chinese markets.

Last edited:
The RTX5080 is probably designed to be China compliant - I suspect it will be around the performance of the RTX4090D.

Ada Lovelace is also probably bandwidth limited too,so I expect the RTX5080 to easily beat the RTX4080 Super and be just under an RTX4090 at qHD.

If you look at the AD106 and AD104 against their Ampere equivalents,it was the biggest uplift. Then the AD103 was worse,followed by the AD102.

This makes it possible there will be an RTX5080TI 24GB too,but only for non-Chinese markets.

Hadn't considered the China/D justification... makes sense! Rumours suggest a 24GB 5080 is already on the 'cards', probably the one to wait for if you're already pre-lubed in anticipation :P

Wouldn't factor in the D just yet, even the 4090D is specced higher than the 5080:

RLREuLr.jpeg

The mem bandwidth and bus width speak for themselves really It's not like the core architecture is very different to gain performance via efficiency either here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom