• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

And that is why I don't think you will be seeing a 4090 for under £1000 after the 50 series launch when general realisation sets in and people wonder wtf at NV's new prices lol.

And that is why I don't think you will be seeing a 4090 for under £1000 after the 50 series launch when general realisation sets in and people wonder wtf at NV's new prices lol.

Second hand prices probably will drop to close £1k though. We have seen that happen everytime with previous flagship nvidia gpus

3070 came out - 2080ti were going for £500 or less on here
4070ti came out - 3090 were going for <£900/800 on here

If 5070/5080 offers 4090 level perf for £1000+, expect 4090 second hand to drop, no one in their right mind would pay the premium for an old 4090 when you could get a new shiny 5070/5080 for around £1k.

Last edited:
We have seen that happen everytime with previous flagship nvidia gpus
There has never been a performance gap as wide as on the 40 series, so applying previous NV card used sales logic to 40 series doesn't really apply as this is all new ground now. Will be interesting to see what does happen though.

There has never been a performance gap as wide as on the 40 series, so applying previous NV card used sales logic to 40 series doesn't really apply as this is all new ground now. Will be interesting to see what does happen though.

Well yes, 5070/5080 would need to offer roughly 4090 level perf @ £1k for it to happen so it'll depend on nvidia and how they want to go about 50xx range in terms of milking.

Last edited:
i think prices will be maintained, the markets seem to have forced their hand, or there wouldnt have been a midcycle super refresh
either that or jensen isnt really keen on selling in the consumer segment.. 50 series launch will be an interesting casestudy on organisational transformation

Interesting, if true then I might just skip my series upgrade and wait…. But it will be hard to resist FOMOing.
In the past I sold older GPU and bought new every 2nd gen at first, then every gen. With crypto craziness happening I always gained more monies on selling older GPU, so it costed me nothing to upgrade (actually, I got on plus) for many years. Finally 4090 was the first one I had to actually add a bit of monies to (partially FOMO!) and it was a big jump in perf as well. Now, unless I can get a really big perf upgrade, I don't even think about upgrading that, FOMO or not. :) Paying these kind of prices make one think twice to see if it is worth it or not. :)

As is now, I rather upgrade CPU first, GPU is plenty fast but I can see CPU bottlenecks now and then, even in my resolution.

Last edited:
Second hand prices probably will drop to close £1k though. We have seen that happen everytime with previous flagship nvidia gpus

3070 came out - 2080ti were going for £500 or less on here
4070ti came out - 3090 were going for <£900/800 on here

If 5070/5080 offers 4090 level perf for £1000+, expect 4090 second hand to drop, no one in their right mind would pay the premium for an old 4090 when you could get a new shiny 5070/5080 for around £1k.

Nah. Your wrong. 4090 will NEVER be under £1000 :p:D

TLDR?

Used 4090's won't be under £1000? :p
IzyXcER.jpeg

Meh. Rumours keep changing. I stopped going to those websites years ago. In the end we will find out what's what a few weeks before release usually. Going back 6 months usually rumours get it wrong.

Next they will be saying it will work on a single slot cooler...

Yes it is all just clickbait.... BUT BUT kopite7kimi said it so must be a fact.........:cry: :rolleyes:

Reminder of one of his so called facts too and more on his twitter if he hasn't deleted them.

Also lets see how our friendly rumour mill aka clickbait merchants do with their guess work (https://twitter.com/greymon55 and https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi ), he said no SLI/NVLINK on 3090 supers that later he said is a TI..

https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1430716119367622660?s=20

kopite7kimi
@kopite7kimi
Maybe, RTX 3090 Super "GA102-350-A1 10752FP32, no NVLINK Original 21Gbps MEM TGP>=450W" Launch in 2021.

I'm saying they will have a SLI/NVLINK... and they were both making rubbish up and the rest was obvious as it is basically A6000 specs the rest of it apart from the 450w power use but again we had and have 3090s that can use way more than 450w and oc models even can have 470w+ vbios settings out of the box and you can even download 500w vbioses for them or even the silly 1000w evga vbios.

Basically said no NVLINK on 3090ti that he originally said was a 3090 Super.... as we know now they had NVLINK as did the 3090 and was a Ti not a Super as he said... just his made up clickbait..

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Pretty much no one has real info these days on nVidia, one of the reasons I've been posting a lot less in here. They've considerably tightened up on stuff like NDAs and very rarely do game developers/studios or general level staff at AIBs, etc. get unrestricted access to new stuff and when they do get access to newer hardware it is usually very "black box".

My guess is kopite7kimi at some point worked for or interned at nVidia or one of the AIBs or foundry partners but no more, as some of their older info was definitely insider stuff but in the last couple of years it has mostly been guesswork.

Last edited:
My guess is kopite7kimi at some point worked for or interned at nVidia or one of the AIBs or foundry partners but no more, as some of their older info was definitely insider stuff but in the last couple of years it has mostly been guesswork.
Lakers usually have insider sources, who prefer to stay anonymous (otherwise their boss would rip them a new one), hence often leaks are on purpose vague and not exactly accurate to make it harder to find said source. However, they are never at the very top so they only get a glimpse of some information and not the full picture. Only really top people know usually what the final product really will be and that can change till very last moment (like pricing and naming etc.). With that in mind, no matter how good intention, leaks about GPUs or CPUs can never provide accurate picture, as it's simply not possible anymore.

Last edited:
Pretty much no one has real info these days on nVidia, one of the reasons I've been posting a lot less in here. They've considerably tightened up on stuff like NDAs and very rarely do game developers/studios or general level staff at AIBs, etc. get unrestricted access to new stuff and when they do get access to newer hardware it is usually very "black box".

Yeah. That's why I don't go on those days rumour sures no more. Waste of time. Plus people post it on here anyway.

I just think it will be what it will be. Time flies so will find out soon anyway.

Lakers usually have insider sources, who prefer to stay anonymous (otherwise their boss would rip them a new one), hence often leaks are on purpose vague and not exactly accurate to make it harder to find said source. However, they are never at the very top so they only get a glimpse of some information and not the full picture. Only really top people know usually what the final product really will be and that can change till very last moment (like pricing and naming etc.). With that in mind, no matter how good intention, leaks about GPUs or CPUs can never provide accurate picture, as it's simply not possible anymore.

Things are completely different these days - I've dabbled in game development including a small amount professionally and loads of internal/private game testing over the years, mostly early 2000s and made quite a few friends/acquaintances along the way including nVidia's gaming team(s), id Software, Splash Damage, Dynamix, Activision, Gainward, etc. and I can say for a fact that 99% of "leaks" these days are entirely BS - information just isn't out there like it used to be and/or people who are in the know are in a far more regulated and/or professional situation where it just isn't worth leaking anything.

nvidia's going in the opposite direction..5080 is going to be weaker than previously assumed, more like 5070 being rebadged as the 5080 (source: kopite7kimi)
also amd is not keen on competing in the xx80 tier

and all that.. unless leather jacket man decides to take option 3: "to all my ampere gamer friends, its safe to upgrade now"

Meh, as always ignore the names and just look at the price/perf and perf/watt of any card.

I'm looking for the best I can get in a <250W envelope for the 5000 series, regardless of them naming it 5070/80/90.

Back
Top Bottom