BMW and M Power Owners

alx

alx

Soldato
Don't the cars with DCT boxes (e.g. proper M cars, except the M2) have a separate control for gearbox aggressiveness?

I'm not sure if Sport/Sport+ impacts shift speed on the ZF8 though...I bet Fox does!

Yeah - Sport/Sport+ improves the speeds of the shifts, then sport mode on the gearbox means it holds gears to higher revs and shifts down more readily (although I think Sport/Sport+ does this somewhat also).

Soldato
Yeah - Sport/Sport+ improves the speeds of the shifts, then sport mode on the gearbox means it holds gears to higher revs and shifts down more readily (although I think Sport/Sport+ does this somewhat also).

About what I've found with the ZF8 so far, in M/S mode on the gearbox the changes definitely feel more aggressive than just changing the driving mode to sport.

Soldato
So if it's anything like the old ZF in the E60 you had the same gearbox, but 4TB (SAT) added paddles and a proper S1-S6 in the dash cluster (non sat would say M1-M6 if pushed over to M/S mode). SAT would shift faster and blip on the down shift too. I really enjoyed SAT in my E60 when I retrofitted it.

Man of Honour
I need to read into what the subscription buys me.

Why on earth do dealerships take so long to get a car ready? Grr. Probably can't get it till tomorrow evening.

Associate
Need some advice please.

I'm looking to buy a 4 series coupe in the next few weeks. I live close to central London so the upcoming diesel tax could be an issue. Am I correct in thinking that the 4 series comes euro 6 compliant regardless of registration date? And would this mean it would be exempt from the upcoming "diesel tax"?

I've been trying to look online but all information regarding this seems to say anything registered before September 2015 will take a bit, but surely if the car is already euro 6, the registration would be irrelevant?

I've been looking for petrol but there seem to be so few available that have the spec or even close to the spec I'm after for the budget I have. However, with diesel it seems I would be spoilt for choice.

Thanks.

Soldato
Need some advice please.

I'm looking to buy a 4 series coupe in the next few weeks. I live close to central London so the upcoming diesel tax could be an issue. Am I correct in thinking that the 4 series comes euro 6 compliant regardless of registration date? And would this mean it would be exempt from the upcoming "diesel tax"?

I've been trying to look online but all information regarding this seems to say anything registered before September 2015 will take a bit, but surely if the car is already euro 6, the registration would be irrelevant?

I've been looking for petrol but there seem to be so few available that have the spec or even close to the spec I'm after for the budget I have. However, with diesel it seems I would be spoilt for choice.

Thanks.

I don't think there's much info on the "diesel tax" yet.. there's a lot of speculation etc but not real cold hard facts.

I'd say any new diesel will be fine and only older(10 or so year old) will be in "trouble" as far as central london goes.

do keep in mind that even if it is compliant etc it might still loose value faster than a petrol car due to all this "diesel tax" tosh that is going round.

Man of Honour
First commute done, it's like I wasn't in the car. As a friend said to me, it's like you sit in it and they drive themselves to the destination. Minimal effort, sat at 75-80 all the way, averaged 48 mpg which is only about 5 off the Focus. The sound system is ridiculous, it's like being sat in a night club.

There's a few things I need to work out, like the cruise control which sometimes didn't seem to want to return to the speed I'd set it out (user error I think), something is vibrating in the back at loud volume (unsure if it's trim, speaker or something I've put in the boot), I need to update the maps as my house isn't on it. Think there's some other things but so far I'm very, very happy.

Man of Honour
Press the end of the stalk. They are a bit confusing though. I end up flashing people rather than adjusting cruise control speed

No, don't press the end of the stalk because the cruise is controlled entirely on the steering wheel. The buttons on the end of the stalk will either cycle the obc or enable high beam assist if fitted...

Just press the resume button.

Man of Honour
No, don't press the end of the stalk because the cruise is controlled entirely on the steering wheel. The buttons on the end of the stalk will either cycle the obc or enable high beam assist if fitted...

Just press the resume button.
Ah, I was wondering how to cycle the on board stuff!

This car is a massive learning curve for me. I'm used to aircon, an engine, gearbox and 3 pedals.

Back
Top Bottom