BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I've spent the last hour trying to integrate my Galaxy S7 with iDrive and it's a bit of a nightmare, likely due to Android unless I'm doing something wrong. It looks like the ConnectedDrive app for Android was released in March 17 and apparently supports iHeartRadio, Pandora and Spotify, but only in the 2016 7 Series onwards?

It also seems a bit tricky to get music working via USB MTP; I need to manually search for the files on my phone to play them?

Soldato
Audi RS6 was going easily sub 4 seconds to sixty long before this came out, with the benefit that the Labrador could enjoy the ride as well. Panamera S is just as quick as well.

So was the last 5 series, and the one before that (E60, which the dog could also enjoy). What you're failing to spot is the fact that 3.7/3.9 to 3.2 is huge leap in performance to get those figures (or in this case, drivetrain). Audi have been Quattro for ages, BMW make their first xDrive M car and trounce the lot. :D

Soldato
I've spent the last hour trying to integrate my Galaxy S7 with iDrive and it's a bit of a nightmare, likely due to Android unless I'm doing something wrong. It looks like the ConnectedDrive app for Android was released in March 17 and apparently supports iHeartRadio, Pandora and Spotify, but only in the 2016 7 Series onwards?

It also seems a bit tricky to get music working via USB MTP; I need to manually search for the files on my phone to play them?

Not sure about the apps, but for playing music I just use bluetooth, much easier :p

Soldato
So was the last 5 series, and the one before that (E60, which the dog could also enjoy). What you're failing to spot is the fact that 3.7/3.9 to 3.2 is huge leap in performance to get those figures (or in this case, drivetrain). Audi have been Quattro for ages, BMW make their first xDrive M car and trounce the lot. :D
Does the new m5 weigh a lot less than the RS6? Being that they're both (fast) barges?

Edit, just checked, the RS6 weighs 1950kg with 597hp (0-60 3.9) and the M5 weighs 1900kg with 591hp. That is quite impressive.

Soldato
Of course it is. Bluetooth has some of the worst compression known to man. That's about to change though, but not until the latest version of smartphones roll out towards the end of the year with Bluetooth 5.0

Soldato
My foray into BMW ownership.. 130i :)

IMG_20170825_135245.jpg

Man of Honour
Which year e60 535d come without a dpf as standard? Or am I mistaken by the information I have been given.

Maybe the 2004 ones but they are so old and ropey now you really wouldn't want one so it's hardly a benefit. The pre LCI cars were terrible on fuel too.

Man of Honour
To be honest I wouldn't bother with any of them. They are all at that stage where they are probably just going to be a pain in the neck to own. All euro 4 emissions too so right in the middle of the anti diesel measures.

Soldato
The new M5 looks great, the interior just looks amazing even compared to the lovely standard 5 series interior. Too bad can't be insured on it. At least when my 100D is here it will only be half a second slower to 60.

Not even badly priced when you consider pretty much everything is standard.

Back
Top Bottom